18

Peter watched in slow motion, as Tony fell.

The rush of noises around him fell silent, as he watched his worst nightmare come true.

• Peter •

"Peter!" Karen shouted, breaking me from my shock.

I didn't waste another second, throwing myself off of the roof. Hoping to reach him in time, I dive straight for him. I catch the building with a web, and shoot another straight for his body that is falling below me.

Seconds before he hits the ground, the weight of the web increases, and I sigh in relief. As quickly as it caught him though, my web shooter runs out, and I feel it slipping out of my hand.

"Shit!"

I attempt to lower myself to the ground quickly, but I lose grip of the web, and Tony falls the other ten feet to the ground.

I breathe out, and fall to the ground, as a crowd gathers around Tony.

"Everyone needs to get back!" I shout, causing people to look at me. They move out of the way, giving me space and a blockade from the rest of the world.

I drop to my knees beside Tony, quickly checking his suit.

"Friday, run vitals." I whisper, afraid to know what they are.

"Karen, I need you to replace my left web shooter."

"Heart beat of fifty two per minute, low blood pressure, and internal bleeding. The Arc Reactor is no longer functioning because of the bleeding. He's here, but his injuries could prove fatal within the hour."

I nod, blinking back my tears the best I can. Tony needs me now more than ever.

"Karen I need an ETA on Banner." I tell her, closing Tony's suit, and webbing him up. I shoot towards the direction of the tower, lifting us off the ground.

"Less than five minutes Peter."

I nod. We can make it. I will make it...

I push myself, going as fast as possible. Tony's dead weight below me making it difficult.

"Hang on baby..."

We reached the tower in a matter of minutes, and I rushed Tony straight the medical bay. Something Tony almost wanted to take away, when he did the remodel, but I'm thankful he decided not to at this moment.

Once inside, I don't waste a moment. "Friday, run the backup systems, and get him out of the suit."

She unlocks the suit, after restarting it momentarily, and I pull his helmet off.

I pick him up bridal style, dashing for the medical lab, where Bruce is waiting.

"Dr. Banner!" I yell, seeing if he's ready.

Three other doctors rush out of a room ahead of us, with a gurney, where I lay Tony.

"Peter, I need you to tell me what's happened." Bruce asks calmly.

I look up, meeting his eyes, and seeing fear. His fear for Tony. My heart sinks, because if he's scared...

"Friday, give Dr. Banner the information. She's in the lab with you, and can help from there."

Bruce nods before rushing back to the room. I follow, but a doctor stops me a few feet from the door.

"Peter I'm sorry, but you can't come into the sterile field. You'll have to wait." Bruce says, looking solemnly in my direction.