19

• Steve •

"I don't know Sam. I mean we're all worried. And he just lost his aunt. It's a lot for him." Nat whispered.

Sam shook his head, dead set on getting his point across.

"No I agree with Sam. There's something else going on. Those two seem closer than what they let on." I agree.

"You talking about Peter and Tony?" Bucky asked, dropping in.

Sam scoffed. "Yeah, but you weren't here for that."

Bucky shoved his arm a little. "Still heard it bird brain."

Natasha stared them both down, forcing them to shut up. "Maybe we could ask Pepper?"

I clicked my tongue. "But would she even know? I mean how much does Tony really tell her?"

"I mean- and this is just an idea..." Bucky laughed. "We could just ask him when he wakes up?"

Sam huffed. "Oh good one cyborg. How'd you think of that?"

I rolled my eyes, biting back a smile.

I look to the couch, seeing Peter snuggled against Clint and the dog. Who are also passed out. Of course he could sleep at a time like this.

Although we don't agree on some things, Tony is a good man. After Friday told us his condition, I was worried for him. The man is a hero, and despite the things we've been through, we need him. A world without Tony Stark, is a world that I wouldn't want to live in.

I'm pulled away from my thoughts, as the dog barks at the two sleeping figures on the couch. Peter and Clint both stir awake, yawning.

He has a frown on his face as he gets off the couch to let the dog out.

Clint looks in our direction, frowning and shaking his head. Peter turns to us, biting his lip. "Anything?" His voice breaks.

Sam shakes his head. "No Pete. I'm sorry."

He nods in response, rubbing his eyes furiously. My heart breaks for him. Losing his aunt and now this. It's a lot for one person.

Peter walks outside, sitting on the ground.

"It doesn't matter what's going on between. He needs us right now, not your approval, so zip it. Last time I checked, he can hear more than you think." Clint grumbled, walking to Peter.

I felt my face flush, knowing he's right.

A few minutes later, the elevator dings and Pepper, Rhodes, and Happy walk onto the floor. Pepper looks distraught, eyes puffy and red. Happy and Rhodes smile sadly in our direction, before joining Pepper again.

"Peter!" Pepper call, looking around the room.

Peter looks through the door, seeing the three of them. Tears instantly fill his eyes, as he's up and barreling straight into her arms.

She hugs him as tight as possible while he cries. "Pep I-I"

"Shh, it's okay Pete. You're alright." She coos, petting his hair softly.

"There is definitely something going on here." Bucky whispers in my ear. I nod.

Pepper gets a call, and she kisses Peter on his forehead, sending him over to Rhodes and Happy, then leaves the room. They follows him to the couch as he made himself comfortable again.

"Bear, c'mon buddy." Peter mumbles, tapping the couch. So that's the dogs name...

We walk to the couch, sitting lazily across the furniature to be close to Peter.

"I wanted to thank you guys. I appreciate you being here, and I know Tony would too." He smiles sadly. "And I'm s-sorry, I just..."

Clint cuts him off. "Don't apologize Pete. It's okay."

"We did want to ask you something though." Nat starts.

Clint shoots daggers at us. "Nat."

I hold my hands up in defense, this was not my idea.

Peter glanced between us confused. "What's going on?"

"We wanted to know, if you and Tony are..." Sam tries.

"That is not your place, Sam." Rhodes warns.

"W-what about Tony and I?" Peter asks, nervously toying with his hands.

"Are you two together? Like romantically..." I ask softly.

I hear Clint sigh, and Rhodes let's out a low growl like sound in our direction.

Peter's face flushes red, and he nods.

"Which is none of your concern, if any of you were wondering." Pepper speaks up, practically fuming.

"Look we didn't mean anything by it. We just wanted to know what was happening here Ms. Potts." Bucky replies.

"It's okay. I just wasn't expecting a-all of you to know at once. And I haven't had the chance to talk to Tony about it. And n-now he's-" He let's out a small whimper, trying to hold in his tears.

Seconds later, Clint has him wrapped back into his blanket, with Bear in his lap. Peter cries into the puppy's fur.

I sigh, grabbing the remote, flipping The Office on.

I wasn't sure how I felt about their situation. Of course I'm missing most of the details, as most of us are, so who would I be to judge.

We all sat around, checking on Peter every once in a while, waiting for a word on Tony. He stared at nothing, seemingly lost in thought, playing with Bear's ears.

An hour or so later, the elevator dings, catching everyone's attention. The doors opened revealing a tired looking Bruce, and anxiety rolled through my stomach.

• Peter •

I stared at the exhausted looking man, hoping to find any sort of expression that would give me anything. Anxiety shook my entire body as I took a deep breath.

I pulled the blanket off of myself and met him halfway.

"Bruce?" I breathed out.

"He's stable, and doing well. The internal damage was significant, but nothing beyond repair. I removed all the shrapnel, and the small pieces left should cause no further damages. I didn't want to risk anything by removing pieces that don't need to be. His Arc Reactor is fully functioning once again." Bruce explains.

I felt the weights lift from my body, and I run straight for Bruce. He groans as I hit him. "Thank you!" I cry, happy tears this time. He laughs patting my back.

"He asked for you."

I nod, and wipe my tears away. I run to my room, grabbing a pair of shoes, and sprinting back to the living room.

"You can go see him, but he needs to rest. And will need to over the next few weeks." I nod, smiling at the man.

I grab Pepper's hand, and break for the elevator. The rest of them will follow eventually.

Pepper hugs me, and we both breathe a sigh of relief. "He's okay, Pete." I hear her mumble.

All I can do is nod, not trusting my voice yet.

Tony is okay...

Yes Ik that there are a bunch of them from civil war and whatever, but it's hard to give everyone a line and make sure you include everyone. So everyone is there and only a few are "talking" lol. Mainly the ones that are the most consistent characters. I think I threw Wanda and Bucky in, but ya know what I mean! And I thought that little moment between pepper and peter was adorable! Anyways, thank ya for reading! <3

Edit: 12•09•21