Not Hide and Seek 2- Castiel DDM

"Dean?"

"Stop being a bitch, I got something"

"Get back here and I'll tell you"

"Yeah, hurry"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Castiel was trudging down an abandoned street, dizzy from the huge amount of alcohol he had consumed in the past hours.

He used to never understand why anyone would want to consume something that would make them feel like throwing up, but after his fight with Dean, it clicked: Sometimes you just had to escape life for a good amount of time.

Don't get me wrong here, Castiel loved his daughter with all of his heart and more, but constantly putting on a happy facade was tiring, even for an angel.

Being a father was hard for him; he tried everything: he read countless books on how to raise a child 'the right way', he visited a dad group and he even asked parents on the street about their methods, but nothing ever made him feel as secure as having the Winchesters help him raise his daughter.

————————————————————————

It was already late when Gabriel tucked you in that night. The two of you had been playing board games all evening.

Putting you to sleep had never been a challenge to anyone, you were quite simple to please when it came to nighttime rituals. So after only two songs, you were sound asleep.

Gabriel plopped himself down on the couch and closed his eyes to relax, when he heard someone knock on the door.

He cursed under his breath as he got up and walked to the door.

He opened the door, expecting his own brothers face, but instead another set of brothers glanced at him.

"Alright let's skip the niceties, where is she?" Dean demanded angrily, holding eye-contact with Gabriel.

"She, who?" Gabriel questioned and awkwardly positioned himself in a way that blocked the door.

"Cut the crap, Gabriel! Where's Y/N?" Sam thundered.

"Well, you see-" Gabriel's excuse was cut short by a hoarse, deep voice.

"What's going here?", spoke Castiel.

"And where the hell have you been?!" Dean roared at Cas.

"Quiet, Dean. Please", Castiel sighed.

"Why? What happened?" Sam asked a little more gently.

"I found a liquor store"

"And?"

An awkward silence filled the room

"So", Gabriel clapped his hands together in an attempt to loosen the tesion, "can I get anyone anything? Drinks?"

He looked at Castiel and added: "Well, maybe not for you, hm?"

"We're not here to drink, we want to take Y/N home right now." Dean reminded Gabriel.

"Well, she just fell asleep. Maybe come back tomorrow" Gabriel smiled and tried to close the door, but Dean's foot in the door prevented him from doing so.

"Right now", he repeated.

"Okay, jeez. Can't you take a joke?" Gabriel opened the door and Dean and Sam stomped inside, followed by a trudging Castiel.

Gabriel and the trenchcoated angel stood next to each other, in the entrance of Gabriel's apartment.

"You smell bad." Gabriel remarked.

Castiel looked at him, sighed, and followed Sam and Dean.

When Castiel caught up with them, he watched as Dean slowly lifted Y/N from her bed, smiling like he finally found his inner peace.

"Dean, we gotta go" Sam whispered and the two of them turned around, spotting Castiel on the threshold of the room.

TIME SKIP

TIME SKIP

"This ought to be one long, uncomfortable car ride huh?" Gabriel asked Castiel before they left.

"Thank you for taking care of Y/N, Gabriel." Castiel responded, ignoring his brothers question on purpose.

Gabriel watched as Castiel got in the backseat of the impala, and waved when the engine started roaring.

The majority of the ride was silent, Dean didn't even put on one of his cassette tapes.

After some time, the silence lulled Sam asleep.

From time to time, Dean turned around to see Castiel looking out the window, regretting to have told him to choose between safety and family.

The next morning, when Y/N woke up in her own bed in the bunker, she wondered how she got there, but was distracted from that thought very soon, by the smell of Dean's self made pancakes.

Please vote and/or comment what you liked/ didn't like! <3