Friday (Part One).

She glances at the clock.

Fifteen more minutes.

Time could not go any slower.

Of course when she's enjoying doing something or getting into it, working really hard, the bell goes in what seems the first five minutes of class.

And in moments like this, dreary wet depressing boring days like this, it feels like she's stuck for hours in the social prison.

Yes, she's eager for education and loves to learn, wanting to get every ounce of information in the world, but she also finds most of it boring.

Ten more minutes, until the bell goes signalling the end of school for the day, and today it signals then end of school for another two days, in what people call 'weekends' where people her age and all sorts of ages, sneak out and go to house parties or nightclubs or just do something enjoyable to release the pain of school and work.

She smiled at the thought of no school for a whole two days.

She got a whole two nights of DJ-ing in nightclubs. As well as tonight, her favourite night, Friday. She got a gig at the best nightclub in all of California.

When she got the call, she couldn't believe it.

It was two weeks before today that she got the call, and she'd been bouncing up and down ever since. Literally. Because she'd been working on new mixes and creating new tracks, just what the doctor ordered.

Five minutes.

The teacher, Mr. Snub, cleared his throat.

"Miss Higgens? What is A-3x X 9?" Mr. Snub awoke her from her day dream.

"27ax?" She said almost immediately.

"Correct." Said Mr. Snub, turning around to the chalk board.

She was always a whiz at every subject, though she didn't necessarily like all the subjects.

In fact, she was in her least favourite class, Math, which unfortunately for her she was best at, and so her parents insisted she take AP Math, but she whined that she hated the subject, and all her other classes were AP. They insisted, and she just sighed and did it, and is in it now.

She could've been in the normal math class, with easy work and no lectures, and where she could get the work done in five minutes then go and get 'free time' on her laptop where she would remix songs from before she was born just for fun.

But no, she had to be in AP Math, where she would listen to constant lectures and hard work that college people do, and of course only five other people were in her class, from mixed grades. There was even one kid from middle school.

She sighed.

Another glance back at the clock.

Thirty seconds.

She tidied her things, and gripped her books.

Tick-tock.

It was teasing her.

Tick- you're never gonna get out.

Tock- look at the clock.

Tick- you're gonna be trapped forever.

Tock- you're not gonna go to the nightclub!

Ding ding ding!

Or am I? She thought smugly.

She immediately grabbed her books and rushed out the door, the other students staying behind to learn more except for her and another, her sort of friend, Aliza. She was smart like Sophie, but hated AP Math like Sophie. They had a lot in common, and were best friends in middle school until her parents complained about Sophie and Sophie was ordered not to go near Aliza. She was furious, angry, distraught, upset and didn't understand what she did wrong. She was being a normal best friend. She guessed Aliza just wasn't really her best friend.