Cookie Dough

Warnings: slight heated kissing

"Here you go, Virgil," my best friend says as he places my coffee in front of me as well as a shortbread biscuit.

"Thanks, Lo, but you really didn't need to pay"

"Nonsense. I have the money, I invited you and you are my friend, so of course I should pay. You deserve someone to treat you as well"

I blush slightly and smile, "thanks Lo"

"How was your evening?" He asks, taking a sip of his coffee

"Eh, interesting"

"Oh? How so?"

"Well I had the usual drunken flirts from some girls, a few guys too, but they tip well so I don't complain. But then as I was walking home I got stopped by this creepy guy, I think his name is Patton, and I swear he looked like he fell out of an anime or a cartoon or something and he followed me for a while"

"Are you okay?" Logan asks, rare emotion showing in his voice

"Yeah I'm fine, Neo saved me"

"Neo?"

I could see this gears turning in his head until realisation hit him and his face lit up.

"The Matrix?"

"Yeah!"

Logan looks so proud of himself for recognising a pop culture reference, it's honestly quite cute. He has a small smile on his face that he tried to hide behind his coffee cup.

"Anyway, who really helped you?"

"I don't know, he had a Matrix-style coat, hence the name, and he pretended to be my boyfriend until we got back to my apartment. He called himself Deceit."

"Hmm. I'm just glad you're safe. Wait, what did you say that man's name was?"

"Deceit? It's not his real name it's-"

"No not him, the one who followed you"

"Oh right, Patton? I'm not sure if it's his real name though"

The colour drained from Logan's face, not that he had much colour to begin with. He quickly regains himself and pulls out his phone.

"I've just remembered that I have a phone call I need to make. I'll be right back."

"Oh okay..."

Logan quickly stands and leaves the cafe. I can see him pacing just outside the cafe, talking frantically to the person on the other end. Must be an important phone call, although it is a little suspicious that he suddenly remembered after I told him that dude's name. Oh well, who am I to judge? I'm the one who always remembered to do their English assignments at 2 am the day they were due.

"Oh hey Virgil!" a very familiar and annoyingly chipper voice calls as they sit in Logan's seat opposite me

My eyes widen as I see Patton in all his creepy glory. His blonde curls are being smooshed down by a black 60s style sailor cap, causing his bangs to swoop in front of his glasses. He has plastered on a bright smile and his eyes are almost sparkling. To anyone else, he would've looked so innocent and pure and instantly trustworthy, but to me, he's just disturbing. He's too happy and trying too hard to look pure and innocent with all the pastels.

"Pat-Patton? What are you...how do you know my name?" my voice rising as my panic does

"Relax kiddo, I heard your friend say it"