1

She was smiling. Trinity. The red lips she always had were perfect. Her hair was dark brown and wavy, but it was smooth. She was wearing one of those hats that Bruno Mars wore, except that it was a black one. She had a black tank top on and the hipster glasses she wore complimented the photograph of her I had in my hand.

Every time I look at her picture, I can't resist saying I miss her a lot. She meant everything to me.

Two years ago, the school Trinity was studying at had a field trip. I was on the phone with her while she was sitting on a bus, talking about how the environment was clean and beautiful. But then.. I heard screams. The sound of water splashing was so horrendous that the line went dead. And that's when I lost her. I didn't even get the chance to say anything. Nothing.

Now, I'm stuck with her hell of a twin.

"Violet," a voice called. It called again. And for the last time, "Violet!"

I opened my eyes to see motion. The houses had a speedy effect, and the chair I was sitting on bumped up and down as if I were in a car. When I came to think of it, I am in a car. I had just realized that minutes- or hours, I don't know- ago, we were at the airport, we arrived in California. But then, I was too sleepy to care.

"Wake up already, mom said we're almost there."

I groaned at the thought that Madison should have just woken me up when we were there, but she was the devil, so scratch that.

"The one with the blue mailbox," Mom pointed at the blue house and the taxi, or cab, or whatever we are in, stopped there. The house wasn't huge, but it sure was big and had that mansion-looking features. From the door came out a brunette who wore a brown dress and a big smile. I suspect her as the mother of the family.

My mom got out of the car and hugged the lady, looking happy as ever. Out also came a man that was obviously happy to see my dad. And after that, no one else came out. I was hoping for a daughter or son to come out since they didn't look like they were newly married, but I guess I assumed too much.

"That's a really pretty house." I said as I attempted to carry a suitcase- and succeeded. "Hmm... It's okay, I guess." Madi said and did the same as I.

"Okay? Madi, this house is more than okay. It's beautiful."

As I walked towards the house, I was greeted by the same brunette with her arms opened wide. "And this must be Violet! Oh my goodness, she's as pretty as the beach!" And she hugged. Okay, this is awkward. The beach has air & water pollution, you know, I wanted to say.

"Yes, that's her." My mom chuckled. "And that's Madison." After hugging me, the brunette hugged Madison with the same squeal. "You have grown so much, Madi! The last time I saw you, you were this short," The brunette acted out the height of a dwarf with her hands.

I carried my suitcase to the house and when I got to the porch, the man from earlier spoke. "Well, don't you just have a strong daughter." He said to my dad. My dad let out a short laugh. "Well, you can say that. This is Violet by the way. Violet, this is Mr. Lawley."

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. Lawley," I said as we shook hands with smiles.

"Let me take your suitcase so you could just follow me to your room," He offered. "Sounds good." I say as happiest as I could, I didnt want to make a bad first impression.

I followed Mr. Lawley to our room, dad carrying Madison's suitcase behind us.

"Here it is." Mr. Lawley opened the door and put the suitcase in. "It's not much but I hope you do like it." Dad did the same.

It was true, though. The room wasn't much but it was beautiful. It had pink and white walls with one long window covered by pretty white curtains. There were two black beds with pink and white bedding, and next to the beds were individual white night stands. There was a dresser in front of the two beds and on top of it was a t..v.

"Thank you, I like it." I smiled. "You're welcome," Mr. Lawley smiled back.

Madi and I entered the room, closed the door, and we started unpacking.

Scratch that. I was the only unpacking my things while Madi looked at me with her hands on her waist, her face looking like she was planning to kill me, with a smirk, though.

"What?" I asked.

"It's pretty sad how you're not gonna get any summer love." She smirked wider.

"Well, I'm pretty sure there are other people living here right now, and there are going to be boys."

"But isn't it sad, thinking none of them will like you?"

"Oh please, as if you have a summer love yourself." At this point, I knew I was winning the argument. Hell, I love winning.

"Oh honey, I do! Bryce asked me out last week." She smirk turned into a smile, a devilish one.

Last week was the last week of school.

"Ugh, please, Madison. Everybody knows your love lasts for like, two weeks."

"Aw, you're jealous of your sister, huh? Had more boyfriends than you."

"Ew, why would I be jealous of a slut?"

"Shut up!"

And I won.

I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won! I I I I won! That's sung using the rhythm of Pink Panther, by the way.

Madison played a One Direction- or 5 Seconds of Summer or The Vamps or whatever band it is- song on and started singing. It was horrible, but I dealt with her voice a long time ago.

-

It's been four hours since we arrived, and all I did was watch Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier. I checked the time and it was 6:17 pm, which was the perfect time for me to go out. To the beach.

I hate the beach, though. But to be completely honest, it's not the whole beach that I hate, it's just the salty water. I do love to swim, but I definitely don't like seawater getting in my eyes.

I was currently lying on my bed with my laptop lying on my chest (weird, I know), so I put the laptop down and stood up quickly, making my way to the door.

Okay, maybe the whole 'standing up quickly' wasn't a good idea, because I started getting dizzy and black spots appeared in my vision. It had happened to me several times before, so I continued walking.

This time, walking wasn't a good idea, because I bumped onto a wall and fell on my butt. I sat for while, my right hand on my forehead.

"I'm surprised you didn't cry." A voice said. It was very unfamiliar.

As soon as the black spots were gone, it came to me that I didn't hit a wall. I hit... perhaps a boy?

"Why would you think I'd cry?" I asked, standing up.

Holy Molly, he's very very very very gorgeous. And I suspect him as the son of Mr. Lawley, because of a little bit of resemblance.

"Oh, wow. I thought you were a 7-year-old Simmons."

"Is that a bad-"

"Of course it's a bad thing, you're as short as a 7-year-old. Some 7-year-old's are taller, too."

"At least I'm not a bamboo stick," I defended myself. Man, he would've been gorgeous. He's way too rude.

"You're still a dwarf." He started walking to the direction my back was facing.

"If you're getting all rude about me bumping on you, I'm sorry."

"Don't care."

Wow, I never met a guy as rude as him. But I'm not gonna let that bother me, maybe he just had a bad day.

***

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Wasssssuhhhh alright I'm sorry this chapter was sooooo boring. I swear I'll make it up with the upcoming chapters :) Thanks for reading!