2

Dedicated to my good friend Alfred because he's very friendly. Just like what happens in this chapter.

***

The beach was incredibly beautiful at night. It was dark when you look at the sea, yes, but the seashore was lit up by so many different beautifully colored lanterns. It is a bit of a disadvantage though, I wasn't able to see my most favorite thing during the dead hours- stars. I did see some, but seeing a million stars will always be my favorite.

Sighing, I sat on the sand, looking at the dark sea and its waves.

To be honest, I don't know if spending the whole summer in a family friend's-that I have never met before, might I add- summer house was a good idea. Sure, there's a beach. Yes, the house is beautiful. Hell yes, I have seen cute guys, but... there's just no one to talk to.

Well, except my annoying older sister.

You see, Madison and Trinity looked exactly alike. Duh, because they're twins. But they were different, the only thing that was common about them was their fashion sense.

"The waves are beautiful, huh?" Madison sat beside me.

"Very."

"It's funny, isn't it?"

"What?"

"The fact that on this same exact month and day, but last year, everything was in contrast. You were with your friends, on your shenanigans. You were vociferous, annoying, untamed... but what matters is that you're happy."

I looked at her. Is this the ghost of Trinity?

She spoke exactly like her. But it can't be.

"Trinity?"

"You're missing the fun, Violet."

"W-where?"

She looked up. She was talking about the sky. Heaven. I was shaking. Maybe it really was her. Maybe at some point, someone is looking at me right now, thinking who the hell I'm talking to.

"SIKE!" Madison laughed very hard. My heart sank. "You're missing out on the fun in dinner! You know, food! Let's go, coward."

It was one of her stupid pranks. I should have known.

-

"There you are," Mr. Lawley said happily as he saw the beautifully cute but abusive human I bumped onto earlier.

"Everyone, this is Kian." Mr. Lawley introduced. "Kian, this is everyone." Ha, nice one, Mr. Lawley. "Mr. and and Mrs. Simmons! Welcome!" The jerk said with a welcoming smile.

"Kian, that's Violet and Madison Simmons." We smiled. "You were supposed to know each other since birth, but life uses its own rhythm." Mom and dad chuckled together with Mrs. Lawley. Kian just smiled back and sat.

After dinner, I went to my room and tried to watch what's on the television, but there wasn't much so I just went back to the beach. That way, I could think.

I was walking on the shore when I saw a campfire. Madison popped beside me which startled me on the inside, why does this girl always seem to pop in the most random times?

"My friend told me there's a campfire here every night. Amazing, right?" She said.

"Since when did you have a friend from here?"

"Violet, I'm as friendly as you."

We started walking to the campfire. I hope they have smores, those are the best.