16

sixteen

My vision is cloudy, my head is resting on something hard and my legs are being suffocated beneath some weird mass.

Red light pours beneath the frame of a door I don't quite recognize at first, this place I'm in dimmed to nothing but the glow of a nearby lamp.

I look down and see two swallows and a cross chain, I see them both rise and fall and then I know.

I'm lying on Harry's chest.

I jolt up quickly, panic rising inside of me upon realizing that we had fallen asleep in someone's house. Frankie's house. Rafe's house.

Shit. Danny and Delilah are probably worried out of their minds. Where did they go? How did they get home?

I slip my legs from beneath Harry's and scoot across the tacky floral duvet, feeling for my phone in my back pockets.

Dammit, I don't have back pockets. I'm wearing a dress. Where is my phone?

Oh, here it is, inside of Niall's jacket.

Harry stirs and groans from his position on the bed, his ring covered fingers resting along his forehead as his palms rub into the crevices of his eyes.

"Jane?" He asks, in that deep, raspy 'I just woke up' voice that made the worries I was feeling seem so irrelevant, so distant.

"Harry it's," I glance down at my phone, where I see the time and two messages from Delilah sent one hour ago, "2:30."

He stretches before sitting up, one eye still shut, the other eye barely open, "is it?"

I nod, and I'm not sure if he even sees me until he nods too.

"The party's still going, we can stay or leave, whatever you wanna do."

The party is still going? It's almost three in the morning?

"Let me just see what Delilah texted real quick."

He mumbles a soft "okay" before falling back against the bed and resting his hands along his abdomen.

Delivered 1:14 AM
delilah<3:

where are u at??? ive been looking for u

Delivered 1:28 AM
delilah<3:

lol nvm. just saw you and ez (; me and danny are gonna crash here later or whatever. if u come looking for us make sure u knock before u enter lmao or just call me. love u

Okay, maybe they weren't worried. In the slightest. And they were okay. Which is good, I can breathe again.

"Harry?"

"Hmm?" He hums, eyes still shut.

"Danny and Delilah are sleeping over here so, I guess we can stay for the night."

He raises his eyebrows but his eyelids remain weighed down, "do you want to go out there or stay in here?"

I laugh, "you don't seem to be in the partying state of mind right now so.."