Chapter 1

Tommy's had enough of the way the entire school treats Merton. Especially the way the guys on his football team treat him, more specifically, Tim and Travis Eckert....

Almost every day for the past few weeks, they've been picking on and hurting his best friend even more than usual, and he's had enough. Especially so after what they pulled in the boys locker room after gym class.

While Merton was in the showers, they had taken all his clothes and hidden them so he'd have nothing to change into, leaving him naked with nothing but his towel. And if that wasn't bad enough, they had then ripped his towel from him.

It had taken all of Tommy's willpower not to wolf out then and there. Even when the wolf was howling to be set free and attack the ones who hurt his best friend.

He had managed to threaten Tim and Travis to give Merton his clothes and towel back though, but the bastards had only given them back after dumping them into the toilet. Tommy's just glad of the fact that he happened to have a spare change of clothes for Merton to wear for the rest of the day, albeit a size or two too big for him.

"I'm not sure how I feel about wearing such light colors." Merton says, staring down at his current attire consisting of a pair of Tommy's faded blue jeans, and white long sleeve shirt. It's certainly not his style, nor can he remember the last time he wore anything in the lighter shade. "Least of all your clothes... no offence."

"You don't look that bad, man." Tommy assures him, looking him over, before wrapping an arm around his shoulders, pulling him in close as they walk through the hallway towards their lockers.

Although, Tommy has to admit it does feel a little odd seeing Merton not in his usual dark colors. And it does feel a little strange having Merton wear his clothes, but he wasn't about to let his best friend wear his soaking wet clothes for the rest of the day.

"Aren't you worried that people will start to assume stuff if they see me in your clothes?" Merton asks, glancing around the hall to see some of the other students staring at them. "I'd hate for your reputation to get ruined because of me."

Merton is used to the stares he gets from others, and the rumors that have been floating around the school about him. He's learnt to ignore them, and chosen to neither confirm nor deny any of the rumors. Nobody needs to know that the rumors that have been spreading about him may hold some truth.

But while he himself doesn't care about how the entire school treats him, and how he's basically an outcast, he doesn't know about how Tommy truly feels about it. Tommy's popularity has taken a hit ever since they've started hanging out, and while he says that he doesn't care about his popularity, Merton isn't sure if Tommy will really think the same if people start assuming that something more than friendship is going on between them.

"Merton, you know I don't care about what they think." Tommy says, as they reach their lockers. "And fuck my reputation." He leans up against his locker. "I don't care about it. I'd give it all up if it meant that this whole fucking school would stop treating you like shit."

Merton glances up at him, before opening up his locker and stuffing the bag with his wet clothes inside. He turns back to Tommy, wincing a little as he now fully sees Tommy's expression. His usual hazel green eyes are twinged with a glowing yellow, and he doesn't exactly look happy. In fact, he looks to be on the verge of wolfing-out. And if he doesn't calm down soon, then he'll wolf-out for sure. And that is absolutely not what they want.

"Tommy, calm down before you wolf-out!" Merton whisper-yells, looking around the hall. Luckily not a lot of people are paying much attention to them, except the few stares every so often.

A low growl rises in Tommy's throat, before he's slamming his locker closed, causing Merton to jump back, and heads to turn in their direction.

"I know, I know." He sighs in frustration. "I just fucking hate the way everyone here treats you." He says. "Especially when you've done nothing to deserve any of it."

Merton's never heard Tommy swear this much in a short amount of time, or get this angry about the way everyone treats him. As a matter of fact, Merton isn't entirely sure if he's ever seen Tommy act like this before....

"It's okay, Tommy." He says, stepping closer to his friend. "I'm used to it. Just don't worry about it so much. It's not a big deal."

He doesn't want Tommy worrying about him so much, even though he does appreciate it a lot. But he doesn't want Tommy to have to keep running to his rescue everyday when Tim and Travis or anyone else start using him as their little punching bag. He doesn't want to be such a burden on him like that.

Tommy stares at him. He can't believe what he's hearing. Merton thinks that how Tim and Travis and the rest of the school treat him is not a big deal.... Just how much has he been bullied by them to think that?

"Not a big deal?" He asks. "Fucking hell, Merton! Of course it is!" He shouts. "You don't des-"

"Tommy!" Merton shouts, cutting Tommy off before he can say anymore. "Just drop it, okay!" He looks around, more and more people are starting to stand around in the hallway staring at them.

Seeing that they've acquired an audience, Tommy sighs, shaking his head, and tries to calm down before he can wolf-out. He'll drop the issue for now, but it doesn't mean that he's going to just forget about it.

"Fine." He says. "But don't think that I'm going to just forget about it."

Merton sighs. He had a feeling that Tommy wouldn't just forget about it, but at least they've stopped talking about it for now, and he guesses that's better than nothing.

"Okay." Merton sighs. He may not like it, but it'll do for the time being. "Come on. Lori will be waiting for us in the cafeteria."