Chapter 4

As they walk through the school towards the parking lot, something inside Tommy is telling him that he must not leave Merton alone right now, along with him already not wanting to leave him alone. And he thinks he knows exactly what it might be.

He's in love with his best friend. He's in love with Merton. And he's still in love with Lori. And the wolf has seemed to make a claim over both of his friends.

The wolf never did this with Stacey Hanson. As a matter of fact, while he was in love with her (although now that he thinks about it, love might be a bit of a strong word to use about his feelings towards her), he doesn't think the wolf was particularly fond of her all that much. At least, not like it is with Merton and Lori.

When it comes to Merton and Lori, the wolf inside him howls in approval. Like it just knows without a doubt that Merton and Lori are his, and only his, and Tommy isn't about to argue with it.

It's what he wants. To have both Merton and Lori, and call them both his. Although he's never told either of them in fear of what they'll think, and because he's fairly certain that taking two partners instead of just one is frowned upon.

But he doesn't care what others would think if he was to have both Merton and Lori as his partners. He may lose a lot of his popularity in school, and lose a few friends from the football team, but he doesn't care about that. The only thing that he cares about, is Merton and Lori.

"Something on your mind?" Lori asks, as they walk through the hall towards the school exit.

Tommy sighs, shaking his head. "It's nothing."

Lori narrows her eyes at him, stopping in the middle of the hallway, causing Tommy to stop walking too. Something's on his mind. Something besides Merton, and she's going to find out what.

"You're lying, Tommy." She says. "What's wrong?"

She thinks she may know what's wrong. She's not stupid. She's seen the way Tommy looks at Merton... and the way he still looks at her even though they're not dating anymore and haven't been for awhile now.

He looks at them like he's a little puppy in love - which in a way Lori supposes he is, being a werewolf and all. And honestly, Lori still has strong feelings for Tommy too.

She's still in love with Tommy. And as a matter of fact, she's found herself catching feelings for Merton too. No matter how much she tries to deny it. There's just something utterly adorable about Merton, even when he's being a complete dork.

And she's seen the way Merton looks at her and Tommy. It's kind of hard not to notice it really.

"Lori, it's nothing, really." Tommy says, trying to convince her that it's nothing, but he knows she's going to get it out of him eventually. "Let's just go find Merton already. I don't want him to be alone."

"Tommy Dawkins, it's not nothing." Lori says, moving from his side to stand in front of him, arms crossed. "Something is on your mind, and I know it's not just you not wanting to leave Merton alone right now."

But Tommy doesn't budge. He doesn't tell her a thing. Just looks incredibly inpatient about the fact they're not moving to go to Merton. He needs to get to Merton.

Sighing, Lori drops her arms to her sides as it seems Tommy isn't going to tell her. At least, not without a little encouragement. And she has the perfect idea in encouraging him to talk.

"I think I know what's on your mind, Tommy." She says, moving closer to him and pulling him down for a kiss.

The action leaves Tommy stunned for a few seconds, but before he can react, Lori is pulling out of the kiss. But she stays standing close to him.

"I know you're still in love with me." She says. "And that you're in love with Merton." She smiles a little. "It's not that hard to tell you're in love with us both. And to be completely honest with you, I'm still in love with you too.... And I'm in love with Merton."

She never thought she'd admit that to anyone, but Merton is definitely adorable in his own unique way. And Tommy... well, what is there not to love about him? He's a total sweetheart, and as a matter of fact, Lori finds the fact he's a werewolf a bonus, and rather hot. She definitely gets a thrill out of watching him wolf-out.

Tommy's eyes widen at Lori's words. He's not sure if he's surprised at the fact that she knows that he's still in love with her and in love with Merton, or if she's still in love with him and that she too is in love with Merton.

He thinks hearing that Lori is in love with Merton too might be the most surprising. She's never shown any indication that she feels anything but friendship for Merton before.

"You... you do?" He asks.

She nods. "And I'm not sure how you've never noticed before, but I think Merton is in love with us too." She says. "It's not hard to miss the way he stares at us sometimes."

Now that she mentions it, Tommy thinks she might be right about Merton. He's not sure how he's not noticed how Merton looks at them both sometimes, but it seems clear that Merton has feelings for them that are more than friendship.

Well actually, he's noticed the way Merton looks at Lori before, but not the way he looks at him. He's admittedly been pretty oblivious to that. But now it seems to be pretty clear what Merton's feelings really are.

Which would mean that the rumors about Merton that Tommy's heard about are partly true. That Merton Dingle is into guys, not just girls.

And if they're right, then Tommy might just get his wish as taking both his best friends as his partners. The wolf will certainly be pleased with it, and if it was more of a sentient being living alongside him in his mind instead of being more of a primal instinct (actually, Tommy doesn't entirely know what it is), he knows it would be howling with joy.

"Well...." Tommy starts, pulling Lori back into his side once more. "In that case, let's go find our little goth, and win his heart over."