Chapter 3

Back in the cafeteria, Tommy and Lori stand on watching Merton leave, trying to figure out if they should go run after him. Or just leave him be for now.

They don't like seeing Merton upset. Tommy in particular doesn't like seeing Merton upset, and it seems that the wolf doesn't either, as Tommy has to fight down the urge to wolf-out. Especially when he spots Tim and Travis entering the cafeteria....

"I'm gonna kill Tim and Travis." Tommy growls, watching as the brothers get their food and find themselves a table.

Though before he can go storm over to them and give them a piece of his mind or drag them out of the cafeteria and really show then how he feels about them, Lori is grabbing onto his arm. Ultimately stopping him from going any further and doing something he might regret. Of course, he won't exactly regret giving them a piece of his mind... or do something to them in order to stop them from terrorizing Merton.

"Don't do anything you'll regret, Tommy." She says. "And... calm down before you wolf-out."

Tommy looks down at her, unable to stop himself from letting out a low growl. "I'm not going to just let them keep getting away with this."

He can't let them keep getting away with tormenting Merton. He needs to do something to stop them. Killing them might be going a little too far, but wolfing them up won't hurt. Just as long as he gets it through their thick heads to stop terrorizing Merton.

"I know. I'm not either." Lori says. "Just not here. Not when there's an audience."

She doesn't want them to keep getting away with it either, and she'd very much enjoy seeing Tommy go all wolfy on Tim and Travis. But he can't do it here. He can't do it right in the middle of the school cafeteria in front of everyone.

Tommy knows she's right. He can't go wolf them up in the middle of the cafeteria. That's just asking for him to be taken by some secret government agency. But he has to do something.

"Okay..." He sighs, trying to calm down. "What do you have in mind?"

Honestly, Lori isn't sure. She hasn't thought that far ahead, just that Tommy can't do anything to Tim and Travis on school grounds. She supposes that whatever Tommy wants to do would be fine. Just as long as it doesn't include killing them. That's going a little too far.

"I haven't actually thought that far ahead." She says. "I guess, just don't do anything to them on school grounds or in public. And don't kill them."

"Killing them may be the only way to really get them to stop terrorizing Merton though." Tommy sighs.

He knows killing them would be going too far, but he does feel that it may be the only way to really get them to stop. But he's not going to kill them. Even if the wolf in him is begging to tear their throats out. He's not a killer.

"Tommy..." Lori warns. She has a feeling Tommy might be right with that, but killing them is going too far. "Just try scaring them so much that even the slightest thought of hurting Merton makes them afraid that you'll come after them, and then kill them." She says. "Make them think that you'll kill them if they hurt Merton."

Well, Tommy supposes that could work. Scare them enough to think that he'll kill them. Which might mean also revealing his secret to them.... But who will really believe them when they try to tell people that he's the werewolf?

Unless he can figure out a way to scare them enough without the need to wolf-out. Which he rather doubts....

"Alright." He sighs, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "Well, Merton won't be very happy about us getting involved..."

"Yeah well, at least he won't get terrorized so much afterwards." Lori says.

And that's exactly what Tommy wants. He wants Merton to not get terrorized so much - or at all really - after he deals with Tim and Travis and gets them to stop bullying him.

He doesn't particularly care if Merton will be pissed at him for getting involved. He already knows that he'll be pissed about it, but he doesn't care. All he cares about is that the treatment Merton goes through at the hands of Tim and Travis will stop.

Of course there'll still be the issue that the entire school treats him like shit, but Tim and Travis are the worst. So just as long as he gets them to stop, then he'll be happy. Hell, if everyone finds out that he scared TnT so much that they won't lay a hand on Merton, then maybe that'll prevent everyone else from even thinking about doing anything to him.

"Come on." Tommy says, casting one last glare towards Tim and Travis, before turning to Lori once again. "I know Merton said to leave him alone, but I don't really want him to be alone right now."

He may be going against his best friend's wishes when he said he wanted to be alone, but Tommy just can't bring himself to leave Merton alone right now. A part of him needs to be there with him right now, and comfort him to the best of his abilities.

And it seems that Lori is thinking the exact same thing. That they need to find Merton, and comfort him as best as they can.

They don't want him to be alone right now. Even if he said that it's what he wants.

"I don't either." Lori sighs, leaning into Tommy's side. "Any ideas where he'd be hiding?" She asks, as they start making their way out of the cafeteria. "The hearse?"

Tommy nods. The hearse is most likely the place that they'll find Merton hiding away. It's the one place Tommy has caught him hiding out a few times when he wants to get away from everyone while at school.

"Where else would he be?" He says. "He's not usually one to skip school and go straight home when he wants to be left alone."

It's very rare that when Merton wants to be left alone while at school that he'd skip the rest of his classes and go straight home. Merton isn't one to skip class often, so Tommy knows that he's likely not gone back home to the lair, so the hearse is the one place he could be.

Then again, after what happened to him in the boys locker room, he could very much have decided to just go straight home instead. Save the embarrassment from other students gossiping about what had happened earlier.

Lori sighs. "Well let's just hope he is still in the school grounds, otherwise we'd be walking to his place."