Chapter 6

Tommy parks the hearse just at the edge of the forest, figuring this is private enough for them to talk this all out.

Turning the volume down on the radio, Tommy turns to look at Merton and Lori, who haven't said a word the entire drive to the forest. None of them had said anything the entire drive, it was just complete silence - which would be a little odd for Merton if it weren't for their current situation.

"Alright." Tommy says, pulling both Merton and Lori close to him once more. "Now... where do we start?"

Honestly, he's been thinking it all over during the drive to the forest, and he knows what he wants most. He wants to have Lori as his girlfriend, and Merton as his boyfriend. He wants this relationship with his best friends, and he doesn't care what other people will think about it. All he cares about is Merton and Lori.

"We both love you a lot, Merton." Lori starts. "And, we both want to be with you." She looks from Merton to Tommy. "And Tommy and I have a feeling that you want that too."

Merton feels his cheeks start to grow hot. Lori isn't wrong. She's completely right. He wants to be with both of them. But... there's no possible way that it's what they want too. Not without some divine intervention.

"W-what?" He squeaks. "Are you sure this isn't just some fever dream? You two would never want me in any way that's more than friendship!"

Sighing, Tommy grabs Merton's face, and kisses him, effectively shutting him up before he can say anything else.

Merton is too stunned to properly react. Tommy fucking Dawkins is actually kissing him! Never in his wildest dreams did he ever think that this would happen outside of his dreams and daydreams, but here Tommy is, actually kissing him.

And Lori is still hugging him and being very affectionate towards him....

He's still not certain if this is really real life, or if he's dreaming all of this up. Or if Tommy and Lori are under some sort of spell.

"Merton, this is all real." Tommy says, once he's pulled out of the kiss, and Merton is staring at him with wide eyes. "We love you, and we want to be with you."

"You want that too, don't you?" Lori asks.

Merton looks between his best friends. This can't be real.... Why would this be real?

"I, I do. I really do, but..." He trails off, unsure of what to say.

He really wants to be with both of them. It's all he's ever wanted since Lori joined their little duo, turning it into a trio. But he's having a hard time believing this to be true and not just some fever dream. There's no way they'd want him the same way without some divine intervention.

Sighing, Lori sits back a little to look at Tommy who's beginning to look just as frustrated as she feels. Merton doesn't believe a word they're saying. Which isn't that surprising, Lori thinks, considering how every other relationship of Merton's has gone.

"He doesn't believe a word we're saying." She sighs.

She had a feeling that this would happen. Merton's been in too many bad relationships where the other never cared about him. And if Lori could see any one of them now, then she'd give them a piece of her mind. No one deserves to be treated the way they treated and used Merton.

"Why should I?" Merton asks, sighing as he looks down at his lap. "This is all I've ever wanted, but... how can I believe you when I can't trust that this isn't all just some joke just like every other relationship I've been in?" He asks. "I love you both so much, but I... I can't tell if this is really real."

All of his past relationships haven't been real. All of them were only with him to use him in some way or to get to Tommy. It's really put him off dating for the foreseeable future as he's been hurt and used by all his past "girlfriends" to believe that anyone can truly love him. None of them loved him, he was nothing to them.

Well, except maybe Cassandra, but even then she had other intentions, even if she wasn't aware at first that Tommy was the werewolf she and her friend were in Pleasantville for. Cassandra may have been the only one out of them all who actually had genuine feelings for him. But Merton could never be with someone who wanted to eat his best friend.

"Merton." Lori sighs. "This is us. You can trust that Tommy and I won't end up just like every other one of your past relationships." She says. "We'd never do anything to hurt you. You're our best friend, and a really great guy. And we love you."

"We want to be with you, Merton." Tommy says. "And I can't imagine anything better than the three of us being together."

"Nor can I." Lori agrees.

She never thought she'd think that in any way other than friendship, but here she is, wanting to start a romantic three-way relationship with her two favorite boys. Though she really can't see having this any other way. She doesn't want it any other way.

"So how about it, Merton?" Tommy asks. "You want to give this a shot?"

Looking between his best friends, Merton sighs, nodding his head. He might regret this if it turns out this isn't real and is all just some sick joke or spell that has been cast on Tommy and Lori, but... this is exactly what he wants. He'll worry about the humiliation he'll face if it turns out this isn't real if it ever comes to that.

"I'm probably going to regret this if it turns out this isn't real, but..." He sighs, smiling a little and hoping like hell this is really real. "Yes. I want to give this a shot." He says. "But, can we take things slow at first?"

He doesn't want to rush into things in this relationship. He'd feel much better if they take things slow at first, and he's hoping that Tommy and Lori feel the same way. There's also the fact that in his extensive research and knowledge of werewolves and their mating customs, he knows that they mate for life. And it wouldn't be a very wise idea to rush into things if somewhere down the line things change and Tommy doesn't want to be mated to them for life.

"Werewolves mate for life, Tommy." He reminds Tommy. They've discussed this briefly before, and Merton sure hopes that Tommy still remembers. "We can't rush into things."

"I know, Merton." Tommy says. Of course he remembers. "I don't think it's something that I should really be forgetting after all."

In truth, he wouldn't say no to being mated to Merton and Lori for life. But he doesn't know if it's what they want in the long run too. But he sure hopes it is. He can't imagine spending the rest of his life with anyone but Merton Dingle and Lori Baxter.

"Whatever is best for you, Merton." Lori says, smiling as she hugs Merton, and pulls him in for a kiss. A kiss that Merton is reluctant at first to react to, but quickly starts kissing her back.

Tommy smiles, watching his now boyfriend and girlfriend kiss. This time around it feels much different watching Merton and Lori kiss, unlike the first time. This time around, instead of the jealousy he felt (jealousy that he still is unsure who it was directed at), he feels nothing but love and adoration knowing that they're both his now, and he's theirs.

Leaning down to pull Merton into a kiss after he's pulled away from Lori and turned towards him, Tommy is absolutely thrilled that Merton has agreed to give the three of them being a thing a go.

Although it did require a bit of convincing, and Tommy thinks that Merton still doesn't fully believe that this is all real, and it will probably take some time for Merton to believe that it is real, but that's okay. After every failed relationship that Merton's been in, he has every right to doubt this one too, even if it does piss Tommy off to no end that his best friend - now boyfriend - never had a genuine relationship where the other truly loved him until now.

Which is exactly why Tommy (and Lori) intends on giving Merton as much love and appreciation in this relationship as he deserves.

Merton J Dingle deserves nothing but love, and both Tommy and Lori are going to make damn sure that he gets as much love as possible.