Chapter 2: The Remnants and The Tower

Grodak

Grodak rode his mount far into the desert, heading to the tower they found Elvyna in. His thoughts raced, Grall shouldn't be this close to the scar. The elders would never allow it. Grodak had planned to lull Grall into a false sense of security, let him drop his guard and find out what he really wanted and why he had risked death to find him.

Death? For some reason the thought of Grall dyeing felt impossible. But that foolish, Grodak told himself, he is mortal just like the rest of us. He can be killed, and his soul will return to the void.

Grodak had a sinking feeling that he may be wrong. Grodak shook his head to clear his mind. There's more to do then to allow himself to be trapped in his own head.

As Grodak approached the tower he noticed a strange glint in the distance. There were no towns around this part, and no one should be traveling here either. This was far from natural and Grodak knew this.

Grodak pulled on the reins of his mount and started towards the glint, whatever it was, Grodak didn't care. It was something he could use to relieve himself of his anger.

As Grodak neared the place he saw the glint he discovered a cave. It had a small opening that was just big enough for him to squeeze in. Dismounting, he pulled his sword out of its sheath and looked at it in marvel. Just the night before, it had been a regular sword that he had spent hours working into one of the finest blades he had ever made, now as he stood there looking at the back of the blade, there permanently etched into it by Imp was runes that would allow him to call the blade back to his hand.

Grodak had thought about how he would normally protest any magic being placed upon his blade and yet now he stood there holding a sword that he personally asked to have magic placed on. The thought disgusted him, he hated that he felt so powerless when compared to magic users that he had to allow one to enchant his favorite weapon. His hand clenched the handle of the blade as he remembered his tribe and why he was there.

Grodak forced himself to focus on the task at hand as he lowered the sword and stared straight forward. He had allowed himself to get lost in his head again, but it won't happen a third time as he pressed forward into the cave.

Grodak found that only the entrance was low, a few feet into the cave the ceiling rose and became big enough that even a dragon could stand straight without bending its head. Grodak didn't allow himself to think on the matter as he continued to press forward, entering a large cavern where a looming tower, the size of a mountain, resided.

Grodak hid himself and watched to entrance of the tower as black robed figures walked in and out. A smile spread across Grodaks face; this was where he could relieve himself of all the pent-up anger he had.

Grodak let loose a roar as he jumped out of his hiding place and charged forward killing all the black robes that he came across. His roars must have alerted the others in the tower for soon he was facing hundreds of black robed necromancers that surrounded him. Some of them were chanting strange words, others were attacking with knives and staffs. Grodak fought hard and managed to slay hundreds of them before he was almost overtaken by the masses.

Boom! Everyone stopped as a loud noise came from the tower. The black robes looked up to the tower as cracks appeared in the stone. Grodak had no need to look at the tower, his eyes were on two figures that stood in front of the entrance of the cavern. Imps hands were raised as his lips moved another loud boom could be heard as a piece of the tower fell close by.

Grodak stood as the tower crumbled behind him and walked to the entrance of the cavern. He looked Imp in the eyes, the exhaustion displayed on Imps face brought a smile to Grodaks face for a moment. Grodak turned his back to Imp and Adrian, they cried out to Grodak, but their words fell on deaf ears.