Epilogue

Grall

Grall laid on the hard ground, voices all around him. His body hurt and his neck was stiff. This was odd, he didn't know that dead people could get stiff necks. Maybe some more sleep will help with that.

"Grall wake up." A loud bellowing voice shouted.

Grall sat up with a start to find Adrian and Grodak staring at him. "What happened?" Grall asked, as he grabbed his head to stop the room from spinning. "Wasn't I dead?"

"In a way you were," a voice spoke up behind Grall, "but only until someone pulled the sword out of your body." Grall turned around and found Tyril standing over him with a smile on his face. "Welcome back to the land of the living."

Grall sighed, he didn't want this, he wanted to be Leah, but as he sat there in the grass. He knew the real reason he was still alive.

"Tyril," Grall said as he stood up, "can we speak in private please."

Tyrils face suddenly got serious. "Of course, my friend, where would you like to go?"

"I do not care." Grall said as he eyed those around him. "Somewhere no one would hear us."

Tyril nodded his head and placed a hand on Gralls shoulders, transporting them to a flying airship.

"Will this do?" Tyril asked, concern in his voice.

"Yes," Grall said as he looked around at the empty deck, "this will do."

"What is it you wish to talk about, my friend?" Tyril asked as he pulled out a chair and sat down.

"When I killed the God of death," Grall said, his voice sounding distant, "I felt something enter me."

"What entered you?" Tyril asked, the concern in his voice heavy.

".... I became the God of death." Grall said, his voice resolute.