Side story

He stared down into the pool of liquid as the images went by. It fascinated him to no ends how slow everything was moving on the mortal plane.

"Drillohiem." A voice called out, the voice of Tyril, a human who managed to gain the favor of the elven elders, and his mentor.

"Yes, master." Drillohiem responded as he turned from the pool to look up at his master who stared down at him.

"What are you looking for?" Tyril asked, the pool Drillohiem stared into was the scrying pool the elves used to watch over their descendents and judge them to see if they were worthy of being with the the elves in their afterlife.

"I was hoping to see my father, master Tyril." Drillohiem spoke in a low voice, he was told once before to never touch the scrying pools but he was young and different from everyone, he was still alive and didn't carry just the blood of the elves.

Tyril smiled, he understood where the young boy came from, and leaned forward, placing his hand on the surface of the pool. "Show me the chieftain of none."

The pool swirled and showed an orc standing in front of another, it appeared that they were arguing. "Is that my dad?" Drillohiem asked, he felt confused.

"Yes," Tyril responded, "he is called Grall, the chieftain of none, the Shadow dancer, and, soon, the father of a God."

"God?" Drillohiem asked in more confusion. "Do I have a baby brother or sister?"

"No," Tyril answered with a smile, "not yet at least."

"Then how do you know he will have a God for a child?"

Tyrils eyes took in the young boys features. He was a mix of orc and elf, his mother passed away in child birth and Grall, who grieved his wife's death and longed to be with her, had abandoned the boy at a local orphanage. His mother had begged the elves to allow her to intervene and to save her son who, unless a miracle happened, would surely parish due to his Godly powers.

"I just know, Drillohiem." Tyril said as he ruffled the boys hair. Talengar, the God of war, could've picked a worse body to be reborn in.