Chapter Nine

Namjoon's world exploded with an ear shattering bang, and he collapsed to the floor as everything turned to fire around him.

He didn't even feel himself hit the hard tiled floor before everything turned black.

-

Taehyung hung behind as Hoseok and Jimin raced inside the restaurant, their guns drawn.

He was about to go in as well, really.

It was just...

...his phone was ringing.

The same unknown number from before.

And this time, he answered it.

He turned down the dark street for privacy.

"Hello?"

-

Yoongi shoved his gun back into his belt, racing over to Namjoon and sliding the last foot on his knees in his desperation to get to his second in command as fast as possible.

"Namjoon? Namjoon!" Yoongi cried, grabbing the boy's torso and pulling it onto his lap. He cradled Namjoon's head against his chest. "God, Namjoon, no...I'm so sorry..."

Sam stumbled back, and he blinked a few times before glancing down at his chest, where red was blooming on his white shirt.

His eyes rolled back and he fell to the floor, just as Hoseok and Jimin raced in.

Hoseok kept his gun on the man on the floor as he pressed two fingers to the mans neck, checking his pulse.

Jimin ran up and crouched beside Yoongi and Namjoon. He placed a hand on Yoongi's shoulder, staring down at Namjoon. "Oh..."

Namjoon slowly came to, blinking up at them as his vision came back into focus.

"Yoon'i?" He mumbled. "What...what are you apologizing for?"

Yoongi sighed in relief. "For getting you in danger like this. I'm so sorry."

He buried his face into Namjoon's chest.

"You didn't shoot me." Namjoon chuckled, pressing one hand over his ear that wouldn't stop ringing. "Don't be a crybaby."

"You're a crybaby, crybaby." Yoongi muttered into the fabric.

"We need a medic!" Hoseok shouted, his hands pressed over the wound on Sam's chest. The man was unresponsive as blood gushed through Hoseok's fingers.

Jimin quickly radioed in for one, and Yoongi helped Namjoon to his feet.

"You should get checked out." Yoongi said, looking his second in command over. "I'm taking you to the hospital."

"I'm fine, I only fainted. And my ear is just-"

"We're taking you to the hospital." Yoongi glared.

Namjoon sighed. "Yes, sir."

Yoongi turned to Jimin. "And you should come too."

Jimin gave him a cold look. "Don't act like you care about me."

"Jimin, of course I-"

Jimin shook his head. "Save it. Actions speak louder than words, and your actions last night screamed in my face that you don't give a damn about what happens to me, as long as your own personal agenda is secured. I'm done trying. Have a nice life, Yoongi. As nice a life as you can have without me in it, anyways."

He walked away before Yoongi could say anything more.

Namjoon looked to Yoongi, knowing there was a story here. But he didn't want to press the leader right now.