Chapter Six

The whisper of voices down stairs wake me up from my sleep.

I grudgingly move to take my bath and dress up before moving to check what was wrong. My mom was usually gone before I woke up every single time which means it had to be Camila.

At the last step of the marble stairs I see my mom seated with a slightly younger woman laughing and having what one could only refer to as small chitchat which makes me smile.

"Hi," A voice says behind me and I'm startled but never the less I turn around to look into the face of a very beautiful girl, almost as beautiful as me.

"You must be Iris," She continues.

"I've heard alot about you," She grins. I'm about to reply when my mom and her guest walk up to us.

"Iris meet Ruby, Caleb's sister and this is their mom. Ruby I'm sure you already know Iris." Her face is all smiles while she says this.

"Why wouldn't I?, Caleb never seems to shut up about her. it's really nice to finally meet you Iris."

This begins to feel like some weird Original vampire family thing but I reserve my comment and smile instead.

"We'll just leave you two to catch up now," My mom walks back to the main room hand in hand with said woman acting like a highschooler.

I laugh and I'm surprised to hear a giggle beside me.

"You're pretty cool," I smile her way, I liked her already.

"You're not so bad yourself," she smirks.

"We could talk better in your room, I'm kind of tired of standing."

"Sure," In all my seventeen years, this is the first time I'm having a girl over, one who isn't my mom or my caretaker and the fact that I didn't work to earn it hits me, and my smile drops.

We trail to my room, I open it and take a peak first to see if it was in the least presentable.

"Come on in," I look behind me and wave her inside.

"Pretty rad," She says glancing around it.

"Thanks," I move to take a seat on the bed and she follows.

"So, what's your deal?" She dives right in skipping introductions.

"What do you mean?" I ask feigning ignorance.

"Well, I was raped and molested by my stepfather, not just me my mom too, what about you?" She questions and with a firm face at that, like someone who had truly moved on.

"Grandfather," I reply trying to act like it didn't bother me too.

"I'm getting better now though," I add when pity flashes through her eyes.

"Yeah Caleb told me, therapy and all."

"What's his deal with me? Why does he keep butting in my life?" I scream in frustration.

"He just wants to help," she shrugs biting her lip.

"You know, Caleb's father was the one who did all those horrible things to my mom and I. He had to watch several times. He feels it's his fault it happened to us. When I got diagnosed, he just couldn't take it all. He switched off completely but then he made it all better." At this her firm resolve breaks and a single tear drops down.

I quickly rush in to grab her in a bone crushing hug. Why exactly am I hugging a girl I just met? I guess you feel a deeper connection to people who've been through what you have.

The soft purr of Ruffles draws us apart.

"You have a cat? An adorable one at that." She takes her in her arms.

"Yeah Caleb got it for me," I reply sheepishly.

"He never got me one," She pouts and I just chuckle.

"You can have it if you want," I cease the opportunity almost immediately.

As if noticing my true intentions, she turns to face me and says. "Caleb's not really a bad guy, he just tries to be a super hero way too much even when you don't need him to."

"Are you comfortable around him?" I ask really wanting to know.

"At first, I wouldn't lie, it was hard, I felt like every guy out there was out to get me. But Caleb, he just made it better. He was always there from a distance till I was ready to accept him." She smiles broadly, pride written all over her face.

"I guess that's what he's trying to do with me though. It won't work though, he should just stop wasting his time." I draw away from her. I am sick and tired of everyone trying to push him into my life.

"How about we talk some other time," I stand up and cross my arms waiting for her to leave but instead she starts laughing.

"What are you laughing at?" I ask puzzled.

"You don't get it right?" She asks rhetorically.

"Once Caleb wants you, he doesn't stop till he has you, I wasn't joking when I called him a super hero. Our father messed up all of us in our heads. For Caleb he's the most messed up, I wouldn't push him away if I was you." She turns around to leave and the glint of the light on her neck shows a long dash of what seems like a faded knife mark. But she walks away before I can investigate any further.

I seat down and let the information sink in. What exactly did she mean by Caleb being messed up?

"Honey come say goodbye," my mom says from downstairs.

"Sure thing," I get over my shock, walk towards the bathroom and wash my face, remember iris, nonchalancy. I pick up my pretend face mask and put it on before moving my lips with my hand into a thin line.

Downstairs my mom is still locked in a hug with her friend and Ruby stands there looking really bored.

"Can we go now?" She asks her mom which makes her redraw. Then she looks my way.

"Remember what I told you Iris, I really hope we all become best friends soon," she gives me a sinister smile and winks before they both walk away.

"What was that about?" My mom questions turning around to face me.

"I think I just made my first Frenemy."

So , Caleb's sister seems like such a sweetheart. XD
Boy have I got alot in store for y'all.
1k reads, thank you all so much!!!!!!
I love all of you, don't forget to Vote.
I'll probably update tomorrow.