Chapter 48

〰️Leonardo Pov 〰️

"Hah, the man of the moment. I've been waiting for you" My father says as he sits with a glass in his hand and two old friends for years nod their heads in greeting as they leave the room. My fathers office is the most private place in the house. The things these walls could talk about would send us all to prison for life without parole.

"Padre, I knew you would see it my way after all." I say as I pour myself a drink.

"I was beginning to think you were going soft on me, because of a girl. Until I heard about Rigo... But now I'm curious to hear your next move."

"Because of that girl, my plan is in motion. I don't know if you know the story, but she thought Adrian Vitali was my father and she praised the wrong man that day of the celebration. The guard son I was didn't object, I let him believe how highly I thought of him, softened his heart apparently."

My father smiles. "So you planned for your uncle to kill his best friend.."

"Not exactly, but he had a helping of the people who did it. Made a deal go a little sour, pushed the right buttons, he basically let their fingers pull the trigger." I smirk at myself. "Took him longer then expected, but the deal is done."

"Martin will still take over and if fingers lead to you.." My father tries to speculate.

"Vitali.. He will take Rigo's place."

"What?! Are you out of your mind?" My father roars.

"He already knows everything inside and out. No one would follow Martin when all suppliers, buyers and producers have been following Adrian and Rigo. Besides Martin knows nothing about the locations, he was basically a pusher who got paid more because he was family." I shake my head at the thought. "Vitali is well connected with the cops, his good for it."

"You giving him too much power. I heard about New York, it all makes focking sense now. You killing three birds with one stone! That's dangerous." He points a finger.

"Miguel has no title, the family wins, Vitali wins. Bravo. Besides uncle has decided to give me 20% of all New Yorks trades between them. Basically Miguel's cut." I chuckle.

My father looks at me as if his made a mistake raising me to be a monster. "Vitali betrayed us, figlio."

"Because you betrayed him! And took his sister along for the fun of it!" I yell in his face over the table.

He leans back into his chair. "You've done your homework I see, I hope you know what you doing. But if you need help of course, I'm here."

I sit in the chair to face him "I might need you to make a truce with Vitali." I say smiling, but my father doesn't look happy about the arrangement. "We don't need a war with the focking cartel, over a family feud that happened years ago." I remind him.

"Fine." He says.

"Thank you, Padre."

"You did well son, you always do. I'm just concerned about something." I frown in question. "My friend said you bought a very expensive piece of jewelry yesterday."

"That I did" I immediately reply, not wanting to really go into detail on the subject.

"What's the rush?"

"Why should I wait forever, or let someone try to snatch her away from me again?"

"In two weeks she would've belonged to someone else."

"We all know she always belonged to me from the start. Even when I wasn't paying attention to her." I wink at my father. He thinks I don't know how he always tried to arrange dates for me or marriage, but my mother would always protest. Because she was sold to him through his parents, she didn't want me to have the same fait. But to rather have goals and find love the right way after. Matteo wasn't so lucky. But him and Alicia love each other. The same way my parents learned to love one another.