25

"What did you want to talk about, angel?" Taehyung asks, holding my hands in his.

We're now outside of the lounge area, in the middle of a corridor with Tae's back pressed against the wall and our hands linked together.

"You."

"What about me, baby?"

"Your past." in a matter of seconds he drops my hands from his; a serious expression crosses his face and a haze of guilt floods his deep brown eyes.

"I'd rather we didn't." he sighs, running his fingers through the grey locks on his forehead, "That stuff is difficult for me to talk about, I want to forget it forever...erase it from my memory."

"Everything you've ever done has made you into the person you are today. That includes whatever you're trying to hide from me, Tae." I say, looking at his muscular figure standing before me.

Now I think about it, he could be quite terrifying. He could easily kill someone in a matter of seconds by many different methods or solely due to his strength. Just like how he killed Vincent.

"Ari, please, I don't want to talk about it." he huffs, clenching his jaw. "You only just expressed your feelings for me, for us, I don't want to ruin that now."

"Then just tell me what happened, you will ruin it by not letting me trust you."

"It's not a matter of trust."

"Taehyung."

"Ari."

"I know you killed people. I don't know how many but I know it was murder, not a mission."

"I can't fucking tell you anything." his hand brushes through his hair more vigorously as he clenches his jaw even tighter,

"Tae, please tell me, I don't want our relationship, or whatever this is, to end because you won't tell me something that happened in your past."

"Ari, you have to promise me you won't hate me because of this."

"I won't. I promise."

He nods his head as he prepares to speak reluctantly. "When I was younger, about four years ago I-"

"-guys we have an emergency meeting, come on!"

We turn our heads to see Jimin yelling at us to come with him and annoyance fills my mind. Why now? Why at the one time when Tae will actually tell me something meaningful?

"Let's go." Taehyung softly grabs my hand in his and pulls me in the direction of Jimin. When we get to him he leads us to the room.

"What's up?" I ask as we enter the dimly lit room. "We were kinda in the middle of something so..."

I look over at Jin who's wiggling his eyebrows in a suggestive manner. I sigh.

"Just sit down, I'm going to tell you our tasks." Namjoon gestures towards the table and we sit down, facing the front of the meeting room to see his presentation. "This will not be counting as a mission, we need to supervise the guards that are delivering outters to the facility."

"Outters?" Taehyung asks, our hands still linked together.

"Yes, from now on that's what we will be calling your...race. Mr. G has decided that name."

"Why are they coming to the Phuture building?" I ask, preparing myself for the worse.

"Mr. G is determined to wipe out the race completely. You three, and a few other Phuture employees, will be the only remaining outters." Namjoon explains, "He's gathering them underground and holding them there for now. They are coming in groups from different camps."

I feel Taehyung stiffen beside me and I squeeze his hand softly. I can't imagine how fed up he must be of Mr. G and his treatment of 'outters' by now, I wouldn't have been able to deal with Mr. G for my whole life like he has.

"But, what happens when the first camps arrive? Like, what is he going to do to them?"

"What has been the most efficient way of wiping out a race so far?" Namjoon asks, gesturing towards Yoongi who's about to answer.

"Gassing them."