𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝒂/𝒏 𝒊𝒎 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒚. 𝒊 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘. 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒐 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏. 𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐, 𝒊𝒕 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒔𝒆. 𝒊 𝒅𝒖𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆. 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒘𝒂𝒚, 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒏𝒋𝒐𝒚!
𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿𝓿

𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑, 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑
ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴇɴᴅ, ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅɪғғᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ɴᴀᴍᴇs, ᴡᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴜɪʟᴅ ᴀ ʀᴏᴄᴋᴇᴛsʜɪᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ'ᴅ ғʟʏ ɪᴛ ғᴀʀ ᴀᴡᴀʏ

𝑺𝒂𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒂𝒎𝒆
𝑨𝒔𝒉𝒍𝒆𝒚'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗
Ashley was starving. No, that was an understatement. She felt as though her stomach was filled with beetles, gnawing at her insides, trying to find some form of food to eat. The last time she felt like this was when she tried to help one of her sisters to escape when she was 9, but got caught and, as punishment, Papa didn't give her any food for two weeks. The thing that confused her the most was the fact that she'd last eaten yesterday, when Will gave her his last cookie after school because "she looked hungry".
Anyway, that was besides the point. She was going to see Will tomorrow. She traced her finger over the watch that Will had given her only yesterday. The red letters read "21:46". Ashley had no idea what that meant, but she knew what 10:00 looked like, and that was all that mattered.
Before long, she'd reached the edge of the woods, where a small building with the sign "Benny's Burgers"(𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏, 𝒊 𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒙𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒍𝒚 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒈𝒏 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒎 𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒍𝒂𝒛𝒚) in neon stood. That must've been the smell that Ashley had picked up not long ago. Whatever it was, it smelled nice, and her stomach roared hungrily in agreement.
It was a simple thing really, she snuck in the back door, saw a basket of fries and grabbed them, making sure to stay low as to not get caught. As quickly and quietly as she could, she made her way back to the woods and up a tree, that way she could keep a lookout without being caught too easily.
Just as she was finishing up her fries, a rustling noise from deeper in the woods mearly startled her out of the tree. Ashley closed her eyes and frowned in concentration and found nothing threatening about the cause of the sound, so she climbed down from the tree to go and investigate a bit.
Whatever it was, it was scared, and fast, because within seconds it had moved from one side of her to the other. Instead of physically finding the creature, she tried to find it's thoughts, which were a complete mess. Lab. Bad. Run. Find sister. Hungry. Need food. Cold. Very cold. Scared too. Someone is here.
That last thought sent a cold chill down Ashley's spine. This person knew she was reading her thoughts? Or had they simply just heard her moving? Also, what did they mean by find sister? And lab? It was all too much for Ashley. Her head began to spin and she felt sick to the stomach. Her breath quickened as she began to hyperventilate. It was like having this person here made her body stop functioning properly. The weird thing was, she remembered this feeling and, as she was trying to find where this feeling was from, her vision went black and a memory began to form in her mind.

It was icy cold for a day in May. The sun shone throuh the trees, casting shadows like claws on the tarmac in the back of the lab. 010 stood with her sister, 011 in a glass dome on the floor, wearing matching blue gowns.
They were about the same age, 010 only a few days older. 011's hair was buzzed short, but 010 refused to let her hair be cut and convinced Papa to let her keep her hair long. Otherwise, they looked nearly identical. Both had dark eyes (𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒆𝒆, 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒆) and extremely pale skin. They were about the same height and were very skinny, due to the lack of good food in the lab. They were best friends, inseparable, and shared a sort of empathy link, where one could usually tell how the other was feeling simply by focusing.
Papa had said that they were probably the most powerful out of their sisters, because when they were together, they were capable of incredible things.
They were lowerered into some sort of water tank, Papa explained to 010 how 011 had to be underwater in the dark for this experiment to work properly.

011 closed her eyes and seemed to space out, completely unresponsive. 010's heart began to beat out of her chest as she felt her lungs burn and her throat tighten. She tried to scream but she couldn't. It felt as though her whole body was being compressed, and she was helpless to stop it. 011 must've sensed her distress, because a frown began to tug and the corners of her mouth.
She reached her hands out for 010 to take, and she did. As if by magic, the pain stopped and 010 could think straight again. She closed her eyes like 011 and concentrated on one thought: show me.

Her eyes shot open, only to be surrounded by darkness. She turned around, and noticed she was holding hands with 011. Papa explained to her how they weren't allowed to make physical contact, because that last time that happened, it nearly ended in a catastrophe, but this time, nothing had happened.
011 looked at her, indicating her to be quiet as they approached a humanoid figure, except it wasn't exactly human. Its skin had a brownish greenish tinge and it was extremely bony. It didn't seem to have a face, and appeared to be feeding off of a corpse of some description.
010 made eye contact with 011, preparing themselves for what was to come next. 011 reached out to touch it, but 010 gripped her wrist, silently telling her that she was going to read its thoughts before they went any further.
010 focused on everything in this dark space, pushing away 011's terrified thoughts and searching for the creature's thoughts. Immediately, her head began to hurt, as though someone had jabbed a blade through her skull. The pain was sharp and her vision swam in red, but she continued on. Once the red died away, 010 found herself standing in the lab, but it was different. Little white flecks like snowflakes or ash hung in the damp, cold air. The walls were covered in thick, dark vines that...moved?
Her eyes must've been playing tricks on her. She looked around and noticed that 011 wasn't with her, meaning she'd have to face the creature by herself. It was standing a few meters away from her, with its back turned, so it hadn't noticed her yet. As she moved forward to approach it, it spun around, opening its face and growling at her, before it pounced.
010 let loose an ear splitting scream. The creature was flown back and blue sparks erupted from her hands. Her eyes shot open and she was back in the water tank, still screaming, blood pouring from her and 011's noses. Everything was blue (𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒔, 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔, 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒋𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒔...𝒏𝒐? 𝑶𝒌. 𝑾𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒂 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒈. 𝑪𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒔 𝒃𝒚 𝑯𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒆𝒚). 011 opened her eyes too, and the blue concentrated itself into thin bolts of lightining, surrounding the two girls.
They were grabbed out of the tank, and their hands were ripped apart. As soon as that happened, the electricity stopped. The pained became a dull pulsing in the girls' temples and the redness in 010's vision vanished completely.
The girls walked towards each other, sobbing, before 011 stopped suddenly and stared at 010 in the eyes. 010 looked back at her, her eyes full of confusion before 011 pointed at her eyes with two fingers and whispered
"Blue"
★︎☆︎★︎☆︎★︎☆︎★︎☆︎★︎☆︎★︎☆︎★︎☆︎★︎☆︎★︎☆︎★︎
𝑾𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕: 1260𓆉︎
𝒊𝒎 𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒖𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒅. 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒔𝒏𝒕 𝒏𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒚 𝒂𝒔 𝒃𝒂𝒅 𝒂𝒔 𝒊 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒆. 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒘𝒂𝒚, 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒇𝒖𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂𝒃𝒊𝒕𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒑𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒇𝒇. 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒐𝒏, 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒇𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘. 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅, 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒔 𝒍𝒐𝒂𝒅𝒔
𝒙𝒐𝒙𝒐, 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒗𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔