𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝒂/𝒏 𝒔𝒐 𝒊 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝒅𝒚𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒊𝒓, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌, 𝒔𝒐 𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒆𝒚 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒏𝒏-𝒎𝒆𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒛 𝒉𝒚𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒅. 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒐𝒏, 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆, 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑫&𝑫 𝒈𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒚. 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒔 𝒂 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆
𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮

𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐍𝐎𝐒𝐄...𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆
ɪ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ sᴇᴇ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ, ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ ᴇʟsᴇ

𝑨𝒔𝒉𝒍𝒆𝒚'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗
"Something's coming. Something hungry for blood. A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness. It is almost here"
Mike sets the scene. They had been playing for ages. Ashley checked the watch on her wrist, it read 19:44.
"What is it?" Will asks, sitting up a little higher in the seat next to her.
"What if it's the demogorgon?" Dustin questioned. They all fell back into their seats and groaned a little. "Jesus. We're so screwed if it's the demogorgon"
"It's not the demogorgon." Lucas argued.
"An army of trogolytes (𝒊 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒏𝒐 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕, 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒂 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌) charge into the chamber" Mike states, placing the piece onto the board.
"Trogolytes?" Dustin snorted.
"Told ya" Lucas smirked and all of them giggled. Mike's expression darkened quickly.
"Wait a minute. Do you hear that? That-that sound. Boom. Boom. BOOM." Mike raised his voice, startling the group.
"That didn't come from the trogolytes, no. That came from somthing else." They all looked at each other, worry evident in their eyes.
"The demogorgon!" Mike shouted, putting the piece on the board. They all groaned, more loudly this time.
"We're in deep shit" Dustin exclaimed. Ashley smiled at the curse word, remembering the look Will had given her when she said it for the first time.
"Will your action!" Mike said, bringing Ashley back to reality.
"I don't know!" Will shook his head
"Fireball him!" Lucas said loudly
"I'd have to roll a thirteen or higher." Will replied, panic rising in his voice. Ashley chose to remain silent, because she was still new to the game and didn't want to convince Will to do the wrong move.
"Too risky, cast a protection spell" Dustin argued
"Don't be a pussy, fireball him!" Lucas shot back.
"Cast protection" Dustin raised his voice. Mike slammed his hands on the table, suprising everyone
"The demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering! It stomps towards you. BOOM!"
"Fireball him Will!" Lucas repeated.
"Cast protection!" Dustin argued again.
"It roars in anger!" Mike shouts over their arguing. Finally, Will throws the dice.
"Fireball!" He exclaims. However, he throws the dice too hard and they roll off the table. They all get up to search for
them.
"Is it a thirteen?" Dustin asks.
"I don't know!" They boys yell back. Ashley got up to help look.
"Mike!" Mrs Wheeler yells down the stairs.
"Mom we're in the middle of a campaign!" He replies, exasperated. Mike heads off upatairs, still talking to his mom. Ashley finds the dice and shows them to Will because she doesn't know what they say. He grabs them out of her hands and walks over to Lucas.
"Does the seven count?"
"It was a seven? Did Mike see it?" Will shook his head.
"Then it doesn't count" Lucas says through gritted teeth. They all start packing up, getting ready to leave and head up the stairs. That was when Ashley realised she was going to have to find somewhere to sleep. She really didn't want to leave, because it got colder when it was dark. As the boys got on their bikes, Dustin came outside
"There's something wrong with your sister"
"What are you talking about?" Mike questioned. As Dustin began to reply, Ashely spaced out, her head beginning to hurt. Will came over to check if she was ok so she nodded, not wanting to worry him. He smiled and got onto his bike, waving her goodbye. He then turned to Mike.
"It was a seven"
"Huh?"
"The roll, it was a seven" Mike furrowed his eyebrows at this.
"The demogorgon," Will explained "It got me." Mike stared at him blankly.
"Well, see you tomorrow" Will biked away. The pain in Ashley's head grew stronger, and she felt her face grow hot. The lights flickered and she doubled over, coughing. Mike ran over to her.
"Are you okay? What happened?!" His voice grew worried as he tried to help her up. Ashley's face grew pale as she stood up and her stomach felt like it was doing somersalts.
"Going to-be sick" was all she managed before she started gagging. Mike grabbed a nearby bucket (𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕) and held her hair back as she puked her guts up. She wiped her mouth on her sleeve and noticed that her nose was dripping blood too. She turned to face Mike and his jaw dropped.
"Your nose...it's bleeding" he stated. Ashley fixed him with a "no shit" glare before grabbing her throbbing temples.
"Hey. Let's um get you inside. We can clean you up and I can find you some clean clothes" Mike spoke softly.