𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘~𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝒂/𝒏 𝒔𝒐 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊 𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒍𝒚 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒊 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕. 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅, 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒊'𝒍𝒍 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒐𝒏 𝒂 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒂𝒔 𝒔𝒐𝒐𝒏 𝒂𝒔 𝒊 𝒄𝒂𝒏, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒕'𝒍𝒍 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒐𝒏𝒆
𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠
𝑨𝒔𝒉𝒍𝒆𝒚'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗
"Maybe you are strong enough" it mused, coming up behind her
"Am strong. Am enough" She turned to face it, only to find it wasn't there.
"Where?" She did a full 360, but couldn't see it
"Everywhere. But also nowhere"
She ran out of the woods, towards the road. Once she was outside, she raised her hands to the sky. Red lightning flashed somewhere in the distance, but blue lightning crackled around her, arching and swirling.
"I am not scared. You are" She yelled into the empty road
"Oh really? How so?" She felt the mist to her left thicken, and she sent a blue bolt of electricity in that direction. She waited for a sign, but nothing happened
"Of me" She closed her eyes, concentrating on the sounds around her
"Me? Scared of you? Not possible. You're just a little girl" She could hear the doubt in its voice. It was barely noticeable.
"You are scared. Know i can hurt you."
It was silent
"If you are not scared, fight me. Yourself. I kill demogorgons. Easy. You think i can't kill you. So no need to be scared" she had no idea where this confidence came from...actually, no. That was a lie. She knew exactly where it came from. This thing was threatening the people she loved, and she wasn't going to let it hurt her anymore. Her and Eleven had been in
so much pain because of this thing and it's dimension. Now, it was her turn to hurt it.
"What an idea. The problem is, how can i fight you, when i'm so busy fighting your sister?"
Ashley faltered. Everything felt like it had come to a stop.
"What? You didn't think she would just sit around, waiting for you to save yourself? Oh, and the whole family is involved, and all of your friends. It's only a matter of time really."
Anger coursed through her veins. She had no idea what the mind flayer had done, but if it had hurt anybody that she cared for, then she would make it pay. She felt her face get hotter as her eyes grew brighter.
"What-what are you doing? No! Stop that!" the mindflayer's voice sounded far away, but she could still feel its presence nearby. She felt a tugging in her gut as the wind whipped around her, getting faster by the second. She felt her feet being pulled off of the ground. She felt the panic rising inside the mind flayer.

Then she opened her eyes, and she felt nothing. She was weightless. The wind kept her up, and she kept rising until she hovered at the same height as the trees behind her. Closing her eyes, she searched for its thoughts. It was in the woods
Come to me
She sent out that message, and she could feel its presence getting closer until it stopped a few feet away from her.
"Why do you do this? Why do you hurt?" She asked it, and it replied immediately, but something felt wrong
"I've been stuck here for years. All alone. Then you and your sister come along, and i hoped for some friends. Then i realised that you were some of Brenner's experiments, and i knew it would be hopeless. You guys had no idea what friends or family were. I sent one of my demogorgons to check you girls out, but you hurt it. Not only that, but you screamed. You got scared, and they declared me a monster. The enemy. And now they hunt me.
Your sister, Eleven, Brenner sent her to find out more about us. This wasn't long after you had run away. When she snuck up on that demogorgon, it shrieked at her. What you don't seem to understand it's that they're just as scared of you. You have these incredible powers. She can move things with her mind; you can control beings with yours. With your powers, nothing can hurt you two. But she screamed too, and she opened the gate. That's how you and Will ended up here. I wouldn't let them hurt you, because i hoped that we could be civil. But, just like anything else i hope for, something went wrong. Now, you've killed several of my demogorgons, and made an enemy of us. I know that i said that i wouldn't hurt you, but, to keep the balance, i have to kill you."