25 | narrative

jen 💋: get ready. be there in half an hour.
sent at 4.32 pm.

taehyung had been staring at that text for the past ten minutes, heartbeat quickening.

checking.

processing.

installing.

downloaded.

"hOLY SHIT" he exclaimed, finally snapping out of it as he frantically slammed open the closet to find a suitable outfit.

oh my god, i don't have anything to wear.

he wanted to smack himself - jennie made him feel like a teenage girl on her first date.

"get your shit together" he scolded himself, settling for a dark long sleeved v-necked t-shirt and denim jeans after rampaging his entire closet. he brushed his hair haphazardly, stuffing his phone inside his back pocket.

"TAEHYUNG-AH, YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS HERE FOR YOU" he heard jin hyung yell from downstairs and inwardly cursed him for being so embarassing as he rushed down the stairs.

"hey jennie" he greeted, who looked thoroughly amused at what jin had said, and he ignored how the tips of his ears were turning red.

"hi tae. ready to go?" she asked, giving her gummy smile.

"yeah" he nodded at jin who gave not-so-subtle winks of encouragement and said as he closed the door on them "be back by 11! no hanky panky!"

taehyung's face turned as red as his ears and even jennie fought down a blush. she coughed to clear the awkwardness and said "let's go. the uber is waiting"

she had planned this out well with the help of the girls and was genuinely hoping everything would go well and he would enjoy the date. he had done many small but meaningful things for her, and always made an effort to look after her even when she acted like a brat, so she wanted to show how much she appreciated him back.

she also wanted him to know she was finally sure of her feelings.

"sorry about jin" taehyung murmured, getting into the backseat of the uber with her and she laughed it off "dont worry about it. i did something similar when he came to pick jisoo up so i think that's why he did it"

taehyung cocked his eyebrow, "why am i not surprised?"

"yah!" she slapped his arm and he let out a deep chuckle.

"where are we going?"

jennie shrugged.

"nini yahhh-"

"i swear kim taehyung don't you dare use aegyo on me" she ordered as he just exaggerated his facial expressions, but stopped nevertheless.

she rolled her eyes as he gave her his box grin "tell me how long will we take?"

she hesitated before deciding to tell him. it wouldn't do any harm. "about twenty minutes or lesser"

she wasn't actually bringing him to a really special fancy restaurant that overlooks the hills or any unique thing like that. she had spent hours thinking of something unique to do but in the end it all sounded too boring to her.

in the end, she decided to get jisoo to ask jin for help and he said taehyung loved cute dates and amusement parks. so that's where they were heading.

he hadn't been to one for a while too.

she turned her attention backed to taehyung, who hummed at her response. his eyes flitted over her and he smiled sincerely.

"you look very pretty today, jenjen" he took in her jeans and a lavender tucked in shirt, with the words 'blessed' in cursive. her small backpack lay on her lap and she smiled at him, a faint pink on her cheeks.