A SPEECH

So, I wrote this thing and I think it's good, tell me how it is, will ya?

TOGETHER, UNDER THE RAINBOW.

🌈🌈🌈

I see them.

I see them all marching down the street, protesting for acceptance, fighting for love.

I see the fire in their eyes.

The fire that ignited because they're proud. Proud of who they are.

I look around, and see the people.

Some giving them warm smiles, silently telling them that they accept them. They are proud of them, too.

Some looking confused, they don't know what to do. To smile or to glare, to join in or to stay away, to lend a helping hand or to throw stones.

And then there are the ones who come marching from the other side. These are the ones who want to extinguish the fire they saw in them, in us.
They cannot bear change and yet, end up changing the positive into negative.

They try to push us down, trample our self respect, throw us into a black hole.

But before they can, we hold each other's hands and stand there. We stand strong, together.

All of this doesn't fit into the tiny window I'm staring out of, so I put my head out and glance up. It's raining.

It rains for a minute and then stops, leaving behind a rainbow, showing that God loves us, accepts us. We're His/Her children.

And from what I've seen, it makes me think,
'I should be down there, with them. To tell them that I'm no different. That everything will be fine.'

It did for me, for I'm gay, too.

But even though I'm not there, my heart is. Beating among theirs.

All of our hearts are beating together as one.

Together, under the Rainbow.

                                🌈🌈🌈