CHAPTER 1

"Divya stand up" the teacher called.

"Explain Hydrogenation"

I stood up thinking that why the fuck always me.

I looked at Seher for help who was sitting beside me.

We exchanged looks, then she started whispering something maybe the answer but that was too late, Mrs Sharma's temper was already shot.

"Divya" she began, "I've been observing you for a while, you used to be a bright child, what is the matter with you" she shouted.

"You always look outside the window, is there something you want to talk about?"

I thought well yes there a lot in my dumb brain but you won't get it.

"No ma'am I'm fine, sorry" I sat down and for the rest of the period I glued my eyes to the book.

The period bell rang, Seher my childhood best friend looked at me, her eyes boiling with anger.

"Will you stay like this for eternity or what?" She said.

I got my eyes off her and looked outside.

"Divya don't you dare peep out, I'm talking to you".

"I'm fine Seher stop overreacting"
I said softly as my voice cracked a little.

"You better understand that Aryan is not the one. He was just using you and got bored. Just get over him" she said.

Aryan my 7th-grade boyfriend, yes we were immature then, but it's been two years now we were in 9th grade and things changed a lot.

From my side, I was hell serious about him but he became quite reluctant lately.

He wasn't like this before, now, he never replies to my text or calls me and in school, he behaves like I don't even exist.

"Divya?" Seher said grabbing my hand and I returned from my flashback.

"See, the thing is I have to talk to him before making a decision maybe he's just going through something" I sighed as I said.

I really thought so, because he was not very expressive something might have happened.

I noticed that Seher was trying to look at something outside.

"Let's go out Divya, quick". She almost dragged me out of the class.

And then I saw something which I never wanted to see, Aryan was sitting at a corner with a girl, holding her hand and laughing with her.

"She's Shweta right?" Seher said shockingly.

Shweta, she was with me in 7th grade we were good friends.

I couldn't figure out what was actually going on.

Was Aryan cheating on me? Or were they just friends?

"Divya you must talk to him about this today itself," Seher said.

I just couldn't control myself at that point and I don't know why I just shouted at her," Shut the fuck up Seher! They're just friends" and I left.

When I got home after school I really felt like crying, I had no idea what will I do.

How will I talk to Aryan? Why did I shout at Seher? I've never done this before since we became friends.

...

I was dwelling on all this when suddenly my phone buzzed.

I took it out of my pocket as quickly as possible hoping that Aryan would have replied, but the notification was from school forum.

The timetable for the final exams was uploaded.

Yes, on the top of all this, these fucking exams are approaching in just a week, I felt like screaming my heart out.

Anyways, I decided to take a small nap, I always do that when I want to avoid my feelings.

...

I woke up and I noticed the time 9:15 pm, it was not at all a small nap.

I got up and walked to the window, it was quite breezy.

Aryan and Shweta holding each other's hand, me shouting at Seher, final exams, everything flashed before me.

But exams were more important than anything else.

"I've always been the topper of my class and I can't lose my position for some jerk" I mumbled again and again and decided that I will keep my focus just on exams.

For the next few days, I didn't go to school, I locked myself up in my room and studied for hours.

Between breaks, all I could do was to think of texting Seher or Aryan; I really wanted to talk to them.

I spent most of the time looking at Aryan's pictures but that wasn't gonna make any difference he literally abandoned me.

No texts, No calls, nothing.

The night before the exam, I wasn't actually tensed about the exam I studied quite well.

Instead, I was worried about how to talk to Seher and Aryan.

I really loved Aryan I didn't want to lose him.

I kept overthinking the whole night hoping that things might become better for me tomorrow.