CHAPTER 13

Two days have been passed, I have no clue what Pranay's been thinking, neither we have texted each other.

But I've made up my mind to text him today because we can't just break up for a reason that's not even legit right!

Although I haven't told Reyansh about my breakup coz I know him, he'll go onto that guilt trip and be like 'Divya I've done everything, I'm sorry, I'm the one to blame' and other such self-hatred statements.

And currently, I'm not in a mood to listen to his stupid accusations and guilt-driven speeches about himself.

At last, I know that I had caused terrible problems in the life of both these boys so technically I am the one who should feel guilty.

Thinking about this and creating scenarios in my head about different types of fights between me, Reyansh and Pranay, I somehow go ready for school.

...

As usual, my day went horrible and I was packing up my stuff to go back home when someone called "Hey Divya"

I turned around and found Reyansh standing in an 'about to fall' position in front of the classroom door.

I fail to understand why he always stands like that and keeps on bouncing around like he's drunk.

"Yeah" I called back.

"I haven't seen you since morning, where were you ?" He said as he came towards me.

"I'm in a hurry I'll talk to you later"

I said and walked past him, as I didn't want him to notice my miserably sad face and he kept staring at me with his hopeful eyes until I disappeared in the crowd.

As I reached the corridor, to my surprise, I found my Mom and Dad talking to our PE teacher.

"Fuck" I said.

Seher came along by the time and noticed my parents.

"What the fuck are they talking about ?" she said.

I knew what they were talking about!

A few days back, this very bitchy teacher warned me to stay away from Reyansh.

Probably, she thinks that we're dating and it is 'against the discipline and decorum of the school' according to her, despite the facts that first, we're not dating, and second, there are hundreds of couples in our school.

And she said that she'll talk to my parents about it.

Great, I'm doomed now.

And my sister! She'll sue me once she knows about it.

Because hey, no one's gonna believe, that a girl and a boy can be friends.

When Pranay didn't believe it, how can I expect my parents to do the same?

Seher grabbed my hand and said a bit loudly causing everyone to look at us "Divya what are they talking about ?"

"They're talking about me and Reyansh," I said in apprehension.

"What do you mean ?" she questioned.

"It's a long story, I've got to go now I'll call you if I'll be able to," I said.

" If I'll be able to? What do you mean..." She kept speaking and I started walking towards my parents.

I could feel the adrenaline flowing through my damn body as my heart started beating fast and my body felt numb.

"Why are you guys here ?" I said and tried acting cool.

"Get into the car" Dad spoke and my soul almost departed after listening to his harsh tone.

I dropped the idea of acting cool.

Through the whole journey from school to home, no one spoke a single word.

When we reached home finally mom broke the silence "Your PE teacher knows about your escapades"

"Divya we are not paying your fees for listening to all this from your teachers..."

"Hold on mom" With due guts I interrupted her in the middle, jeopardising myself.

"Reyansh is just a friend. She's a hoary woman and you don't know her small mentality. A boy and a girl can be friends and he's my friend"

"But she said that you both always hang out together," Mom said.

"So what ?" I counterposed.

"So you can't do such things if you not care about your reputation at least think of mom and dad" my sister intervened.

"I was not doing anything wrong !" I yelled as tears rolled up cheeks.

This is me, I can't explain myself or do anything without crying. And I hate this situation when I start crying out of nowhere, that too in front of everyone!

"What's the need for crying? Are you accepting that you're guilty ?" Mom said.

" NO !" I shouted again.

"Stop shouting Divya! This is not what we've taught you" My mom stated.

" But..." I was about to say when dad spoke up.

" Enough of all this! It's okay if he's just a friend. Be careful next time " And he went towards his room simply.

I ran into the washroom as I couldn't stop myself from crying and I hate it when someone else catches sight of it.

Though nothing happened, it was not a big deal, dad took my side at the end of the day and what mom, my sister or that stupid teacher said about me didn't matter to him.

But still, I was unable to regulate my emotions, maybe because of whatever happened between me and Pranay and now this whole shit, everything kept creeping up my mind.

The horrible thought that everyone talks about ME and REYANSH in school and now Pranay and my family also know about it, reduced me to more and more tears.

I somehow managed myself and thought of texting Pranay. He has the right to know about everything that happened today.

When I checked the phone, there were already two messages from him.

"Well played Divya"
"Don't you ever try to contact me again"

" What the fuck, he has blocked me," I said to myself.

I felt my heart racing and my breath becoming irregular as I kept reading those two messages again and again.

What would have happened?

Our fight two days ago wasn't this bad to make him act like this!

Certainty, he was talking about something else.

My hands shivered as I dialled his number and called him. 

What happened next, was the worst thing that has ever happened to me.