• Chapter Eight •

When the end of day bell rang, my classmates and I shot up and out of our chairs. I made my way to my locker and took out the books that I needed for tonight's homework.

I felt a presence beside me, but I didn't bother to look assuming it was Caitlyn.

"Are you just gonna ignore me?" Archer asked amused.

"Not ignoring, just focusing on the task at hand." I answered him casually, even though him being the one standing behind me gave me goosebumps.

He just chuckled lowly. I looked over at him as he leant onto the locker beside mine. He is so naturally attractive. No one can pull off leaning on a locker better than Archer Smith.

"Done." I said shutting my locker.

"Great." He said smiling.

"Don't you have training with your coach at the club on Mondays?" I asked Archer as he walked beside me.

"Yes, but it only starts at five." He answered.

"Oh. And you're not joining the group in the consumption of the ice cream?"

"Yes, no ice cream."

"Damn. Do you ever get to cheat your diet?" I asked, genuinely interested.

"Saturday Night. After the match."

"I'm not sure how you manage."

"I remember my goals, they keep me on track."

With that, I think back to when Cody told me about Archer needing to support his family.

"How much do you make when you win a match?"

He looks down at me, confused.

"I'm not going to start fighting there, Archer. I'm just curious."

He chuckled, hanging his head.

"About 3000 per match." He stated.

"What!?" No wonder he does this boxing thing.

He just laughed at my response shaking his head at me.

We make it out of the school and see our friends gathered around Cody's car, all consumed in their conversations.

"We can't all go in Cody's car." I said.

"I have mine, there's Cody's and one of your friends said he had his." That makes sense. Obviously E has his, he's the only one of my friends with a car.

"Oh, okay."

"Hey guys." I said as we approached them. They all returned my greeting.

"So what's the plan?" Erin asked.

"So, we're going to have to devide between cars. There's Archer's, mine and Ethan's." Cody said.

"Well, Erin is coming with me. We spoke about it durning class, I'm her ride home as well." E said.

"Devin is with me." Said Cody.

"Cody's my permanent ride." Devin said. "You and Caitlyn can join Arch."

"Cool. Now that it's sorted, let's get going." Erin said, clearly ready to leave the school premises.

We made our way over to Archers familiar car. I sat in the passenger seat and Caitlyn sat in the back.

"Wow, nice car." Caitlyn said to Archer.

"Thanks, it was my uncles. He gave it to me as for my eighteenth birthday. I had it fixed up with the spare cash I had." Archer explained.