Chapter 3

Henry dropped me off at the pizzeria so I could drive myself home. I got out of the car hurriedly, not even thinking to say goodbye, making my way to my dusky, purple car, blended into the dark. I got into the car quickly, noticing the way I slammed the door shut. I was mad. Mad over the fact Henry could like somebody, and that somebody might not be me. My heart feels like it's been shredded up into millions of pieces, all because of something that might not be that important. Was this feeling love? My heart was pounding in my chest.

"Goddammit, Henry.." I muttered under my breath, getting the rock, hard car keys from my pocket, starting up the car with them. I start to drive the car out of the car park. My eyes welled up with tears as biting my lip roughly.

I drove to my tall house, parking the car. I made my way out of the car into the house. I looked at the time on my golden, ticking watch. It was 10 PM exact. I walked my way into the living room, to see Elizabeth lying on top of Michael while he slept. She seemed to still be watching the tv.
"Elizabeth...Its a bit late to be watching TV isn't it?" I asked her, she sat up slightly, looking at me as I was standing behind the couch.

"But dad. I like this movie!" She slightly shouted happily.
"Shhhh, Michael, and Louis are asleep..And we need to get you to bed..." I told her in almost a whisper, picking her up from the couch.

"Awe...But dad!" I shook my head, going towards the bright, blinding tv, turning it off, "Damn it...It was just getting to the good bit" Her tone of voice sounded like she was trying to guilt me into letting her stay up longer, but I sigh

"Elizabeth, you know you have school tomorrow, and you need the recommended amount of sleep," I said sternly at her, "And your mother will not be happy with me either if I have you going to her house tired" She nodded, dissatisfied. 

I brought Elizabeth up the faint, creaky stairs, going into her euphoric, colorful room, placing her down onto the light pink bed.

"Dad, how's Henry?" She smirked at me, I slightly felt my cheeks go warm.

"Why do you ask Elizabeth?" I asked, putting a hand on the side of my face.

"Don't you like Henry, like, really love him? You should confess your feelings already!" She said brightly, smiling widely

"Eli...Elizabeth, why do you think about such things...I don't have feelings for him, I like him as a friend hun" 

"But you're literally bright! Especially whenever you're around him, or anybody talks about him!" I shook my head to her saying that

"N...No I don't feel that way, besides, he likes somebody already, and I don't know who that somebody is. And enough about Henry...Goodnight Elizabeth"  I kissed her head, she sighed, tucking herself under the blanket. I walked over to the door, turning off the lights, closing the door shut behind me as I walked out.