Chapter 4

I rubbed my face, walking into my office. I already dropped Louis and Elizabeth at their school before I headed into work. The sun shone its stinging lights through the window. I quickly went over, pulling the blinds so the light wouldn't shine in. I turned around, looking forward and saw Henry standing there, I slightly raised a smile.
"Hey, Henry" I greeted him. He leaned against the corner of the wedged wall. Wouldn't that hurt. His face had slight disappointment but sadness
"Hey, William" He sounded like he was trying his best not to sound sad, "how are you?" He asked me

"I'm okay, how about you?" I repeated his question,

"I'm...eh, I'm reasonably fine...Just seeing if you were okay, you seemed a little off before you left...and how you didn't say bye, slammed my car door, and seemed in a hurry? Maybe I might be overthinking everything, I just wanted to check up on you..." I felt my skin start to sweat, the memory returned to me. I did that? It feels terrible for being an asshole to this man, even if it was the littlest thing. I scratched the back of my head.

"Sorry Henry...I can reassure you I didn't mean to...I'm pretty sure I was just tired" I told him, he smiled, nodding. He stopped leaning against that corner, about to walk out, "wait!" I shouted at him. He looked behind him, alert.

"Do you need anything?" He asked me, clueless.

"...Who was that person you talked about last night?" I was starting to shake as my heart pounded, puzzled, and enraged. He stared at me, laughing slightly.

"You'll never knowwwwww" He quickly ran out. I stopped shaking and blushed. God, whats got into me? I started to pace my way quickly after Henry, following him out of my office, into the hallway. I grabbed his wrist tightly
"Henry" I said sternly, he didn't say anything, then looked at me, "Henry...I...I.."
He raised an eyebrow.
"William, you don't have to make a big deal out of it..." He laughed slightly, I gulped.
"Well, why do I see it as a big deal? I feel helpless and jealous over the fact you like somebody" He hesitantly pulled his arm away, his cheeks were bright red.

"Your jealous over me having a crush on somebody? William....I...We're not highschool teen girls, fighting over a boy-" He laughed. He was right though, I was making it seem that way...of making it seem like a big deal. I rubbed my arm, I probably looked miserable.

"I'm sorry Henry....for making it seem that way" I apologised. His grin went away like a flash. He stared me in the eyes, looking guilty, like he had so much more to say to me, but he just couldn't open up. He quickly walked away from me. Why didn't he reply?

I sat in my office. I put my hands to my head. I did something wrong didn't I? I hurt him. Why would I do that? I could have done better. I started to shake, taking my hands away from my head, staring at my hands, what have I done?!

"Father, what the hell are you doing?" He stood at my office door, forwarding his way to my desk, "your literally shaking, staring at your hands" I widened my eyes, making my frown turn into a delighted grin. 

"I just blanked out" I snickered nervously.

"If you say so...? Anyway, just wanted to show up to tell you I've arrived at work, yaaaaaayyy" He exaggerated, being sarcastic. He hated working here, but it was the only place that would really hire Michael.

"Hey Michael...Could you do something for me?" He sighed in disappointment.

"What could it possibly be...?" He asked, I smirked at him.

"Are you able to find out who Henry likes?"

"Augh, hell no! I am not here to help you with your boyfriend problems, go do that yourself!" He slightly shouted.

"C'mon Mike, please?" I pleaded , standing up. He exaggerated a sigh.

"Dad, I am not your fairy god mother. I do not go out of my way to hook up my fathers crush with my father, I am no way in hell doing that shit"

"He's not my crush-"

"You really think that, but its true. He is your crush, you practically spend your time talking about him, you blush when talking about him, or hanging around him, your trying to get me to find out who his crush is. Its obvious you want him to be your boyfriend. Don't you see how much you act like your some 14 year old obsessing over boys?" 

"Dammit...you got me-" He smiled, proving his point.

"Your gonna have to ask him yourself, I'm not your personal slave. I don't care if your too scared to ask, your just gonna have to ask or never find out, now goodbye and let me do my job!" He ran quickly out of my office, slamming the door.

Ah fuck. He was right about everything. But how the hell am I supposed to ask Henry without it seeming awkward, and it seeming so obvious. And after our last conversation? I could just ask someone else for help, but that'd make me seem too shy to ask. I don't want to seem shy and weak. I'm nothing like that.