Shawn Mendes

Hold Me While You Wait
by
Lewis Capaldi

Your POV

I work as Shawn Mendes's stylist and am on tour with Shawn for the Shawn Mendes The Tour right now. Over the past couple months of tour Shawn and I have gotten really close, and it'd be a lie to say that I'm not falling for him.

I'm sitting on the couch surrounded by Shawn and our friends. Shawn is sat on the ground in between my legs fiddling with the video game controller while my fingers massage his shoulders.

"Is it true that Camila's coming tonight?" Asked one of the guys.

"Yeah it is." Shawn says with a smile.

I frown in my head. I feel like Shawn is actually falling for Camila and it makes me sad because I wish he would wake up and see that my love is right here waiting for him.

It's a couple hours to show time and I'm in the dressing room helping Shawn pick out an outfit for the show tonight.

"I think you should go with this top. It would look great on you and you haven't worn it yet." I suggest to Shawn.

"You think it'd look great on me?" He ask looking into my eyes.

"Yeah." I say getting nervous from his gaze.

"Ok." He says.

Shawn goes into the bathroom to change and later comes out in the outfit I chose for him.

"This shit is fire, Y/n." He compliments.

"Oh, thank you." I blush.

"I can't thank you enough for making look this good every show. I'd be a disaster without you." He laughs.

"Stop it. No you wouldn't."

Shawn gives me a tight hug. My arms wrap around his torso and his chin rest on mine.

Being tight in his arms listening to his heartbeat feels like where I should belong.

Shawn pulls away from the hug slightly. I look up at him to see him looking back down at me. He leans in slowly before jerking away when the sound of the door opening startles us.

I snap my head to the door and see her.

"C-camila!" Shawn exclaims.

"Hey Shawnie!" She says jumping into his arms.

I turn around and place a few clothes on hangers to make the situation less awkward.

After Shawn places her back on the ground they leave the room together. She wasn't even respectful enough to say hi to me.

I hate seeing Shawn and her together. Their relationship only became serious after it was forced for so long. But Shawn and I aren't like that. Our relationship is genuine and natural. We understand and relate to each other on many levels.

He is a pop star, though, and he deserves to be with someone with a big name like her. I just wish that I was good enough for him.