love bug

I smiled awkwardly, and glanced back at the paper. William angrily picked the papers up, as well as himself, and excited the supply room with the slam of a door.

I think he noticed me staring...

I continue to gather in all the papers, and straighten them neatly. I sighed loudly  "why do I have to be so stupid" I commented. I held the stack neatly, brushing off any dirt that may have gathered on my knees, completely forgetting about the figure I had seen earlier. I open the door and stepped out, using my left hand to close it behind me, holding the stack in my right arm tightly. I glanced down the hallway only too meet Williams gaze.

His eyes , glazed. They let out an appologetic gaze, I just smiled in return and nodded. "What time?"
I asked softly.

"Her voice"

William had his gaze focused on you, a lump had formed in his throat . The doorway was his only escape . He didn't want too  see her. He knew he was only going to use her 

He tilted his head, trapped in his own thoughts. "e-excuse me"? He questioned.

"What time should I come over for dinner?" I smiled. "if that invitation is still extended to me , that is.." I hesitated.

his smile had returned

He's a broken man (y/n) ..

"10' o'clock" he wheezed, gripping the doorknob tightly. "Is that okay with you?...." He asked.

"Mr.Afton?" I bean walking slowly too him. His balance began too waver.  He shook his head slightly.

"I'm fine, love. Don't worry about me so much" he teased."come visit me when you're free we need to talk about a few things he smiled, just come on in", And with that he entered his office shutting the door behind him.

I smiled lovingly, closing my eyes. "I wonder if he knows" I questioned softly, inhaling deeply, mesmerised by the faintest scent of his cologne trailing by his door. It was intoxicating~ as was everything else about him.

"Oh he knows" henry stated blandly. I opened my eyes in shock. How long had he been standing there? He grabbed the stack of flyers from my hand. "thank you" he smiled. "no problem sir, just my duty" I commented.

"No, for Makin him smile" he corrected. "he hasn't done that in years..". I stood there. Shocked.
"Years..?" Henry nodded. "last time he smiled was at his wedding". The entire conversation had made me shift uncomfortably in my spot.

"I have duties to attend too" I interupted not wanting too speak anymore in fear of slandering someone's name. He nodded and waved me off. "seeya". I began walking away. "(Y/n), I almost forgot. I have something for you" I turned back. "Oh?" I questioned. He reached into his trousers and pulled out a small heart shaped locket. "I want you to have this", he smiled. I gasped silently. "it was my daughter's but she passed away a few years ago" he explained sadly. "You remind me so much of her. Strong. Shy. Smart. Powerful minded, I wouldn't want anyone else to have it" I don't have anything to say. I was breathtaken. "t-th-hank you" I smiled. He placed it around my neck,as held my hair. "it's perfect" I explained before hugging him. "I'm glad you enjoy it" he smiled as he let go of the bear hug. He nodded and was off.

After attending to my daily routine of ordering supplies, and small meetings with co-workers, and coffee I was free.

I skipped over to Williams office in a hurry , stopping immediately in the front door. I stared at my reflection,  correcting any visible imperfection. I reached for the knob and hesitated, I exhaled deeply before turning it and entering his room. The lights were off, the only thing illuminating the back end of the room was his desk lamp.