CHAPTER 2- BETROTHED HUSBAND

I enter 30 minutes late into English class, the last period of the day. My entourage wasn't with me because this was one of those few periods that I did not have with any of them. As I walk in, causing all the heads in the classroom to turn to my direction, including that of the English teacher, Mrs Lance(nothing unusual there),I head straight for a seat at the back.

"Miss Jordan, is this the appropriate time to come to class?" Mrs Lance asks with annoyance.

I ignore her and seat at the back which was cleared for me. Mrs Lance was one of those teachers who still tried to 'tame' me. I don't even know why she tries because I never actually listened to her or any of the others. I guess some people just don't give up.

"Miss Jordan, I am talking to you" she says again. Still no response

"Miss Jordan" she practically cries.

"What" I ask, irritatedly. Her voice was starting to annoy me.

"I do not appreciate you coming late to my class" she states frustrated.

"And I don't appreciate even coming to your class but here we are" I state, and bring out my phone to randomly scroll through it.

Cue the usual 'woos' and 'dayums' from the students in the class. I don't understand how people can still be interested in these events. This happens almost everyday and yet they don't get tired.

"Miss Jordan!" Mrs Lance, exclaims. She looked like she was about to burst into tears. "When will you learn how to have manners? This is no way to talk to people who are old..."

She is interrupted by the bell which indicates that school is over. I immediately get up from my seat and head out of the class, ignoring the glare that Mrs Lance gives me. She needs to learn that no one can tame me so she should stop trying.

I head to the parking lot where my car and new driver would be waiting for me. On getting to the car, the driver comes down and opens the door to the back seat for me. I enter the car and the driver closes the door and enters into the driver's seat. He then drives off towards the house.

We get to the house and the driver comes down to get the door for me and I step out and head into the house. On entering I see my birth-givers talking to someone.
Oh, I forgot that they were coming back today. Just great.
The person she is talking to has dirty blonde hair and green eyes. His eyes made me feel strangely uncomfortable. I hadn't met him before, neither had I talked to him but for some reason, maybe my intuition, I just didn't like him.

My mum sees me and literally ran up to me and engulfed me in a hug. It took me by surprise but that didn't mean I liked it. I tried pushing her away but her grip tightened. she then whispered into my ear" Behave". Then she said loudly with her disgusting, fake sweet voice " My Jessica. I have missed you so much, darling. How are you?" I didn't respond.

Of course she was pretending to show me love and affection because green eyes was here.

Hypocrite .

She lets go of me and then looks me over with a fake smile "You have grown even more beautiful. Of course, I know where you get your beauty from. Me"

Self-centred hypocrite. Even worse than a regular hypocrite.

Her husband was on a call in another part of the room with his signature frown on his face. I've never seen him smile not even with my mom.

"Anyway, Jessica met Harry Norman, 22 years old son of the great and well known James Norman, the owner of Norocorp, the famous shipping company in England" she points towards green eyes