CHAPTER 6 - A WEIRDO'S WEIRD FAMILY

I march towards the basketball court, angrily. I had  been waiting for my so- called tutor for a whole thirty minuites and he hadn't showed up. It's bad enough that he made me wait when I hate waiting for anyone but he made me wait for a whole thirty minuites.
Who ,the heck,does he think he is?
I barge into the court and look around swiftly. I spot him in navy blue shorts and black sleeveless shirt. For the first time he wasn't wearing a beanie but he wore a black headband in place of it.
He was with the ball and was about to take a shot. I walk swiftly over to him and grab his arm before he can make the shot making him loose possession of the ball. I drag a shocked tutor out of the court filled with his equally shocked team and coach, who tried to stop me but I didn't even pay attention to him.
I continue to drag the weirdo until I am standing in front of the boys locker room. I push him towards the locker room and cross my arms.
"Change" i demand.
He raised his hands as a motion to calm me down" Okay before you start plotting on how to kill me in that pretty little head of yours, I just want you to know that I tried to skip practice but coach wouldn't..." He tries to explain but I cut him off with a gesture of my hand to stop him. Then I point to the locker room again " Change"
He looks as me suspiciously before muttering a confused 'okay' and enters the room. Before he enters,I pull him back by the arm and make him to face me " You have 60 seconds" i say, showing him my phone as I click on the timer to start, then I let him enter.

63 seconds later, he comes out of the locker room, wearing a white t-shirt that hugged his body like a second skin showing his athletic body builds, with black ripped jeans,white converse and of course a black beanie on his head.
What is it with him and beanies?
He also held an Olive green jacket in his right hand.
"I'm ready" He grins, showing his pearly white teeth.
"You're late" i deadpan" 3 seconds late."

He gives me the " you've got to be kidding me" Look and I , in return give him the " No ,I'm not kidding you."
I then start walking towards the parking lot were his death trap was parked. He jugs to catch up with me and then walks at my pace on reaching me.
We get to the parking lot and of course seeing as I am never with anyone but the girls , the significant number of students left at the parking lot begin to murmur. The murmuring only increased when we reached Weirdo's bike. He hands me a helmet and I put it on not before letting down my hair from its high ponytail and straightening it out with my hands so it would reduce my chances of getting helmet hair. I look up to see the weirdo staring at me.
"What?" I demand. He answers by slowly shaking his head,then he helps me get on the bike, unfortunately,puts on his jacket and follows right after.
Immediately , he sits ,I grab onto his waist for dear life and he lets out a silent chuckle. Then, he starts the engine and speeds off, to my despair, leaving a bunch of shocked and jobless students in the parking lot.

We reach his house very quickly because it wasn't so far from the school and of course we were riding a sickeningly fast power bike. His house is actually really nice. It wasn't very big or grand. It was moderate but still beautiful. We come down from the bike ,remove our helmets and head inside.
" I told my family you were coming. They are really excited ." He says on our way to the front door.
" Your family is home?" I ask, not hiding my distaste.
"Yep " he answers, popping the 'p'.
"We should have just gone to a library" i murmur.
He chuckles.
"Don't worry, they are amazing. You'll love them" he assures.
"I love no one" i state.
He rolls his eyes, shaking his head and opened the front door for me . I walk in and then he walks in after closing it behind me.
Immediately we entered , a little girl seeming to be around 5 years old came sprinting towards our direction.
"Jacy!" She shouted as she ran past me. I turned around to see her running into weirdo's arms as he lifts her up.
"Hey there, little nugget" he greets , ruffling her hair as she giggles" How was school today?"
"It was so tiring" She answers, stressing the last word" and that Louis kid keeps bothering me. Doesn't he have anything better to do? He follows me everywhere. I mean, how can someone be so annoying..." She keeps on ranting and weirdo listens to her attentively, nodding his head and saying 'really?', 'are you serious?' and other exclamatory remarks at intervals.
I tune out their conversation to look around the house. It was as simple but beautiful as the outside. It looked more of a home than a house,unlike my mansion. After the front door,there was a wide bright passage with various pictures of the family from when they were little till date. Though weirdo only had pictures from around 11 years. Moving down the passage, a living room is on the left and the kitchen is on the right. A nice aroma of pastries  was coming from the kitchen.
I tune back into the conversation weirdo was still having with his little sister as he leads me into the living room .
"...If he annoys me one more time, I'm going to wack him with my shoe" She threatens.
"No, Nugget. Violence is never the answer " Weirdo cautions.
"Well, it can be, somtimes" She mumbles.
Weirdo chuckles. "Hey, mum" he greets.
I turn to the kitchen were he had directed his greeting but saw no one there. Then I heard a thud and woman slowly stood up rubbing the top of her head.
Weirdo careful dropped his sister on the ground and went to the woman.
"Mum, are you okay?" he asks concerned. He removes her hand from the part of her head that she was rubbing to check it.
"I'm fine ,dear" She answers " You know me, I'm always clumsy"
Then she turns her gaze towards me and then her face widens into a big smile. " You must be Jessica." She states, excited. She shoves weirdo lightly towards the side to see me properly. " Hi, I'm Elizabeth but you can call me Liz and as you probably already know, I'm Jace's mum. It's so nice to finally meet you. Jace told us alot about you"
I look at weirdo,  questioningly but he just shrugs with a lazy smile on his face.
I suddenly feel a tug on my shirt and I look down to see weirdo's little sister grinning at me.
Ugh, they smile too much.
"Hi, I'm Naomi but my friends call me omi and since a friend of Jacey is a friend of mine , you can call me omi" She introduces herself, all the while grinning.
I reluctantly nod my head to her introduction.  She examines me curiously for a few seconds and then the next I know I am being yanked to the floor , my whole body balancing on one knee and I am engulfed in a tight hug by the little girl.
To say I was shocked would be an understatement.
"What are you doing?" i ask, about to loose my temper but she only tightens her grip.
"You looked like you needed a hug" She mumbles.
What the?
I haven't been hugged by anyone in years and I liked it that way. This little girl was just invading my personal bubble and if you think I liked it one bit then you are wrong. I do not like it...at all...not..one...she spells like bubble gum, the strawberry flavour.
Snap out of it, Jessica.
"You can let go now" i finally, say.
" I'm not letting go until you hug me back" She states.
You've got to be kidding me.
I look to weirdo and give him the 'get your sister off me or else' look but he raising his hands in surrender, meaning I'm on my own.
Just great
I sigh and reluctantly and awkwardly put my palms on her back.
We stay like that for a time way too long for my liking and she still refuses to let.
"Now, can you let go?" i ask.
I can't believe I'm making a request to a little girl.
she doesn't reply and only snuggles in closer. I send a hard glare towards weirdo and he rolls his eyes. Then he steps forward and says
"Okay Nugget, you can let go now" .
"No!" She says holding me tighter.
Jace chuckles and raise his hands up in surrender " Oh Well , I tried"
I look at him incredulously.
"Get her off me" i mouth.
"Say please" he mouths back.
I'm going to kill this guy.
The girl snuggles her head in the crook of my neck.
Oh God.
I glare at weirdo and force out a 'please'.
A satisfied smile is placed on his lips as he goes towards his sister and peels her off of me.
"Okay, that's enough" he says,  carry her away from me .
"But she smells sooo good" the girl whines. Weirdo only chuckles in response.
I let out a relieved sigh and get up, straightening out my rumpled shirt.
Just then, the door bells rings.
"Yay, that must be the new blender I ordered" Elizabeth says,  clapping her hands excitedly. " Jace, could you help me get it?".
"Sure thing, mum" Weirdo answers. He drops Naomi and goes to answer the door.
"Who's the blondie?" i hear an unfamiliar voice ask. I turn to look at a girl who looks to be around the age of fourteen. She has a scowl on her face and a raised eyebrow as she walks towards the kitchen and graps an apple on the counter, then sits on one of the stools.
"Debbie, this is Jessica, the girl Jace said was coming" Elizabeth pipes in " Jessica, this is Deborah, my eldest daughter."
"Oh, so she is Jace's girlfriend" She says, nonchalantly, examining me from top to bottom " She ain't that pretty."
Excuse me? Who is the werido's girlfriend and who isn't that pretty "Deborah, behave yourself" Elizabeth scolds.
"I was just being honest" She states.
Elizabeth shakes her head, a disappointed look present on her face then she turned to me" Sorry about that. Anyways, would you like some cupcakes. I made it just for you, with  lots of raisins."
"I hate raisins" i deadpan, expecting her smile to drop. But to my suprise her smile doesn't falter.
"Really?" She asks " Well,  it a good thing I made an extra batch, without raisins. You see I'm not so much  a fan of raisins either."
I hear a scoff from the little brat on the stool at the counter "Why give her cupcakes at all. She obviously doesn't deserve it. She doesn't even appreciate your efforts. Besides,  who doesn't like raisins? What a creep."
The nerve of this girl.
"I don't see how my food preference is any of your business" i start " and in case you weren't smart enough to realise, you also called your mother a creep"
She goes a little red with rage and embarassement
Elizabeth speaks up" Okay why don't we all calm down and eat some cupcakes".
Just then weirdo comes into the kitchen carrying a big package.
"What took you so long" His mom asks on seeing him.
"Oh nothing much. I was just talking to the delivery guy " He replies " So, what did I miss?"
The little brat immediately answers" Your girlfriend here was being a b****.
She did not just...
I turn my head to her direction" What did you just call me?"
Immediately Elizabeth recovers from her shock and faces the brat" Deborah,I do not know where you got this attitude and those unGodly words from but I'm definitely not going to let this go. Go to you room. You are grounded for a month. And your Sunday school teacher is definitely going to hear about this"
"But I didn't even do anything. She did" the brat whines, pointing to me
"I don't want to hear it. To your room." Elizabeth commands, her friendly demeanour nowhere to be seen" Take Naomi with you and help her do her homework"
The brat groans and stomps out of the room dragging the little girl with her as she follows without protest, waving a goodbye at me. I reluctantly wave back so I don't hurt the little girl's feelings. She didn't really do anything to me except almost hug me to death.
Plus she was kind of cute...kind of.
Elizabeth turns to me" I am sorry about Deborah's behaviour, Jessica. I don't even know were she got that attitude from, all of a sudden.  She wasn't like this before. She used to be such a sweet kid until..." She takes a slight pause with a pained look in her eyes but it goes as quickly as it comes "I'm really sorry about her behaviour ."
"It's fine" i state
She gives me a sympathetic smile and sighs, shaking of the akwardness "Why don't you and Jace go up and study and take some cupcakes with you" She hands weirdo a plate filled with cupcakes.
" Thanks mum" Weirdo says, collecting the plate" Let's go"
He leads us further away from the kitchen to a flight of stairs. We walk up the stairs and meet a small passage. He leads me to a door that has a  white sheet of paper stuck to it with the letter 'j' drawn crookedly on it with a dark blue marker. It looked like something a kindergartener would do.
Naomi, probably.
He opened the door for me and I entered. His room was surprisingly clean and spotless, painted in lime green. A bed in the middle with a bed side table. He had a mini basketball hoop that was right beside a door that seemed to lead to the bathroom, opposite his bed. His closet was at the left side of the room and his desk was at the right. There were two chairs situated at the desk.Everything in his room seemed to be in place. It was too perfect. I flop my purse on his bed and sit on one of the chairs.
"So..." He starts, picking up my purse and hanging on his cupboard " What do you think about my family."
"Your mother is overly happy, your baby sister too cu...clingy and your other sister is a major brat. Offence intended"i respond, passively
"You were about to say cute, weren't you?" he asks with a smirk.
"No. I wasn't " i say, blankly.
"Yes , you were"
"I'm not having this argument  with you" i state, firmly.
"Okay then" he says raising his hands in surrender " But you know,  Deborah wasn't always like this. She was a good kid. Always cheerful and happy. She just grew so distant from the rest of us."
This sounds all too familiar to me.
"Well, I don't appreciate her attitude" i state.
"Really?" He asks with a mischievous smirk" Cause she seems to be alot like you."
I glare at him" i don't find that funny"
"You don't find anything funny" he retorts
" Glad you realised. So, drop the jokes and let start what I actually came here for."
"Okay, grumpy" he mocks salutes and rolls his eyes.
" Stop calling me that"  i say, annoyed
"I'll stop calling you that when you stop being grumpy" he retorts
" I really don't like you " i glare at him.
"Sure, you don't " he waves me off.
"Okay" He starts , clapping his hands together.  Then he stretches out his hands to pick a book on the side of the desk as he sits on the chair beside me, then he places the book in front of me.
Oh great. My arch nemesis.
"Today, I will be teaching you Calculus."
Could this day get any worse?

Don't forget to vote ,comment and share.
I love you all.