atla :)

name -
desna tulok

meaning -
desna "gift"
tulok "warrior or god of the stars"

alias -
des: common nickname
dessie: her little brother's nickname for her

gender-
female

age-
16

sexuality -
heterosexual

ethnicity -
water tribe

nationality -
northern water tribe

bending type -
nonbender

weapon -
dagger, throwing knives (though not as skilled as mai, she's getting there)

appearance -
desna has the same dark brown hair as her people, reaching just below her shoulder blades when it's down, but desna prefers it out of her face, so she either has it in a half-up do, or braids it back, out of the way. her skin is an olive shade, causing her eyes to look a little brighter than they would on someone lighter. her face is a bit rounder, her cheeks a bit chubby and her jaw, however some would still say her nose and eye shapes were her most appealing features. desna is short for her age, standing at 5'3" for now, but she hopes that she grows just a bit more. she's slim but not skinny, having some meat on her bones.
noticeable features - her nose has a scar right across the bridge of it from an accident that happened when she was younger

( regular clothes )
coat ⬇️
without the coat, she wears black baggy pants and a shirt that has a light blue piece of fabric tied around her waist, much like the coat, with fur lining the edges of her shirt. she often has the long sleeves rolled up or folded to her elbows, keeping them out of her way.

( fire nation disguise )

personality -desna is pretty carefree

personality -
desna is pretty carefree. yes, she listens to rules but everything usually works out peacefully for her as long as she listens to those rules, so she doesn't do anything to mess with that. des acts on instincts and instincts alone, not thinking things through as she just goes through life. she can be reckless and stupid, but when she does think things through, she thinks of everything—what could go wrong and what could go right, and anything that could possibly happen to her and her friends. she's a bit of a hot-head, and will go off on anything that breathes in her direction when she's upset. desna cannot keep to herself if someone gets her mad, and she makes sure they know it. besides that, desna is a friendly girl. she likes to meet people, mostly because then, her life isn't boring. that's why she loved meeting the gaang when they first showed up.

likes - her little brother kova, the cold, helping her parents whenever she can, the gaang, her mother's stories from when she was a child, sparring and learning how to defend herself while being a nonbender, trying new things

dislikes -
the heat, the war, being a nonbender and wishing she took after her father, even if it went against her culture and female waterbenders in the northern water tribe

family-
silla tulok: father, alive, waterbender
namid tulok: mother, alive, nonbender
kova "nuka" tulok: brother, alive, waterbender
*honorary - princess yue: best friend, "sister", deceased, moon spirit

love interest -
sokka

backstory -
desna was born and raised in the northern water tribe, always knowing the cold of the north pole and thinking that was all she would know of. her father had grown up good friends with arnook, which resulted in princess yue and desna growing up close together. everything was normal, not many attacks towards their water tribe with the numbers and strength they had, but des still didn't like hearing about the news of the war and what was happening outside of her safe haven that she called home. when she was seven, her little brother was born, and she adored him.
when the siege of the north happened, desna was devastated after learning of what happened to yue and that was when she wanted to join team avatar. yes, she didn't know any combat and wasn't a bender of any kind, but she could learn and was determined to.