lok

aH and she's heRe. might change stuff bc this is the first draft and i kinda rushed her :/

name -
sakari

meaning - "sweet"

alias -
kari

gender-
female

age-
17

sexuality -
bisexual

nationality -
earth kingdom, republic city

bending type -
firebender

weapon -
fire

appearance -
sakari is naturally darker than most people in the fire nation, tanning very easily. some used to think her father must've been water tribe with the dark skin tone, but kari was never told such news—it was a touchy subject with her mother, even now, after a decade and a quarter after he died. her hair is dark brown, almost black, a fringe covering her forehead, reaching her eyebrows with two pieces framing her lean face, her almost black hair is in a long braid that goes down her back, though she likes to unbraid and braid again over her shoulder.  her eyes are a mix of brown and gold, the gold being speckled through her irises, usually being seen just in the sunlight. she's got a long slim body, though her arms are quite toned, adding to her easily intimidating form. she's just barely 5'9, simply brushing the height.

personality - as her name means, sakari is a sweet girl. though, as intimidating as her stature can be, it's proved otherwise when you get to meet her. she's a clever girl, fast on her feet, and despite being a firebender, she lacks that angry flame most have. she's gentle, harmless, and timid... unless you get in a fight with her. it takes a lot to get her upset, as she tries to keep a level head, but once the sparks start lighting and flames start flickering, you best hope you're not burned to a crisp. sakari shows no mercy if rules aren't  set, proving that she is indeed a firebender at heart.

likes -
her mother
pro bending
her hair being combed or played with
fire
reading

dislikes -
extremely loud places/noises
nighttime
driving
authority (cops, etc)

family-
mother - aera, nonbender - alive

father - unknown, unknown - deceased

love interest -
mako

backstory -
sakari was born in the fire nation, yet moved to republic city when she was a toddler. she grew up an only child with one parent, her mother, who she is very fond of and very close to. her father is unknown, yet died a month after she was born. her mother, a nonbender, was shocked to see her daughter playing with fire, and not matches or anything, but with sparks and puffs of smoke coming from her palms. it was then that aera realized she had a little firebender on her hands.
from then on, sakari was training to become a master at the art, even going so far as to finding pro bending coaches and convincing them to help her. of course, it didn't always work until one day, when she ran into mako and bolin after a match. and then, the rest from there—history.