*Flashback*

"Iwa! Iwa-chan!" Oikawa ran to his best friend, the school day finally over. "Is it okay if I come over again so we can practice?" He panted, hands on his knees. His bag slipped on his shoulder and he hefted it up again as he stood up straight.

Iwa rolled his eyes. "Yeah, of course! But would you quit it with the chan?" He bumped Oikawa with his shoulder. "Are you gonna try that jump serve again?" Iwa smiled and fell into step next to Oikawa as they started walking to his house. Oikawa nodded eagerly. He grinned, but it didn't last. He looked at Iwa.

"Do you think I'll ever get it?" He sighed and looked at his hands. Iwaizumi punched his shoulder.

"Of course you will, idiot! You're gonna be the best setter our school's ever seen. You're... you're gonna be the best everything  our school's ever seen!" Iwa punched him again. "Besides me, of course. I'm gonna be the best spiker." Iwa smiled. Dappled sunlight fell on his face, lightening his dark eyes to an almost golden color. The breeze ruffled his hair and Oikawa stared at him for a few moments, captivated with admiration. He didn't know how Iwa could always be so dependable, always seeing the bright side of things and staying positive. He could always count on Iwa. 

Oikawa rubbed his shoulder and gave his friend a lopsided grin. "Okay. Yeah, you're right. We'll be unstoppable." He pushed his shoulders back and grabbed the shoulder strap to his bag. "And I'm gonna be even faster than you!" He took off running the rest of the way to Iwa's house.

"Hey! No fair!" Iwa laughed and chased after him.

END FLASHBACK