𝐋𝐞𝐨 𝐱 𝐀𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

Requested by @bookwriter1235

Title: Home phone  

Key: (b/n)= boyfriend name

TW: Mentions of abuse

I sobbed quietly as my boyfriend ran a hand through his hair. He turned and glared at me, picking up his key to our apartment. Walking over to the door, he growled quietly and slammed his hand against the door, causing me to flinch.

"I'll be back later; don't go anywhere," He opened the door, then turned and closed it, walking over to where I was huddled on the floor. He knelt down and played with my hair, staring into my eyes. "I love you, but you do this to yourself. Just do what I say and it'll stop, okay?" I nodded quietly and he locked his fingers around my jaw, "I just told you something wrong with you, and how to fix it. What do you say?"

Gasping quietly for air, I blinked my swollen eyes and sniffed, "Thank you." he nodded with a little smile and left, closing the door gently behind him. I immediately laid down on the floor, crying loudly as if the pain would go away with every loud sob. Standing up and making my way to the house phone, I dialed a number and waited, biting my nails and wiping my eyes. There was a small chance Leo wouldn't answer, but I couldn't call on my phone; (b/n) had broken it when I'd gotten a couple of random calls and texts from someone wanting to "break up with me".

"Hello?" came a cautious voice from the other side of the phone. Dropping my hand from my mouth, I gripped the bottom of the phone with it and gasped.

"H-hey, Leo," I smiled slightly, glancing behind me at the front door, as if (b/n) would come in at any moment. I knew I had a couple of hours before he came back, but I was still scared.

"Oh, hey," Leo muttered, sounding distracting all of a sudden. Leo and I hadn't talked ever since (b/n) and I became a thing, since Leo always though he was a little off. Little did he know how right he was.

"Can we talk?" I whispered, not wanting to cry again. I needed a friend right now, and most of my friends had abandoned me after (b/n) made me stay away from them for a while. Some friends. Leo had always been there for me, and honestly, I'd had a crush on him for a while. When he didn't respond to any of my advances, I'd moved on to where I was right now.

"About what? Shouldn't you be with (b/n)?" Leo spoke, sounding confused; like he was wondering why I was wasting my time talking to him.

"No, I need to talk to you; in person. Can you come over, please?" I asked, desperately. I wanted to talk to him, but I was also hoping he would help me.

"Yeah, sure. I guess I'll be there in a few," he immediately hung up without another word. Glancing around the room, I put the phone back onto the wall and started cleaning.

Fifteen minutes went by.

I heard a knock on my window and knew it was Leo, so I unlocked it, suddenly nervous to see him. I wasn't worried about him seeing bruises on me or anything, that was actually the least of my worries. It took a lot to bruise me; even after the daily taunts and smacks to my skin, I was only tender. I'd probably only get a bruise being hit by a car or something.

No, I was worried about Leo. What if (b/n) came back early? I knew Leo could fight, but I was still scared.

"What did you need me for?" Leo commented, lazily, as he took in the shared apartment I lived in. It was nice, being closer to upscale than usual apartments in the area; whatever (b/n) did earned him a good amount of money.

"Wow, no room for playful bantering, huh? Well then, I just wanted to talk to you. It's been a while, Leonardo," he froze at his full name and turned to me from where he'd been examining a picture of (b/n) and I, side-by-side.

"And who's fault is that?" he gritted his teeth in a mocking smile and then ran his hands down his face, "I don't even know why I came. You have a loving boyfriend who's gonna be home any minute. So, why do you need me?" I gulped at the second sentence, suddenly scared. Leo, noticing my slight change in posture, stood up straighter and furrowed his eyes at me. "What's wrong?" He demanded.

"Uh, nothing. Nothing's wrong, but you need to go. Now," I started shoving him towards the window, looking over my shoulder. Leo was right, what if (b/n) walked in? He probably wouldn't care that Leo was a turtle; just that he was a guy and that we were alone.

"(Y/n)," Leo said, sternly, stopping in his tracks. I tried shoving him again, but he didn't move at all. "What's wrong?"

"Oh, now you care? Well, I don't. Get out," I said desperately, becoming more paranoid by the second.

"Stop, (y/n). Stop," He sighed, turning around to face me. Sighing heavily, he took my hands and held them to his chest, looking down at me.

"Just leave, please," He finally left, not without a suspicious glance back at me. I sighed and went back to cleaning.

Two minutes.

That's how long I was alone before (b/n) came back. He was drunk out of his mind, which made me a little uneasy. He varied in drunk states; usually happy, angry, or hungry.

Unfortunately for me, it was the last two.

"Where's my pot pie?" he whined, staring into the refrigerator, where his food was placed yesterday. I sat up from where I was scrubbing the floor and looked at him.

"You ate it yesterday night, remember?" his head snapped over to me and his eyes widened, as if seeing me for the first time.

"You! You ate it!" he shrieked, stomping over to me. I instinctively flinched away, trying to stand up. Shoving me down again and again, he laughed when I started to cry, "You're pathetic."

"Because you made me this way," I muttered, not as quietly as I thought. He suddenly kicked me over, muttering to himself.

"Because of me you can't do anything right? No, that's all you. It's all you. You're weak and you're trying to blame me? No, no. That's not how that's gonna work. You got that?" he went to kick me again, but was suddenly shoved away. His back hit the wall and he fell, seemingly already passed out.

"Leo?" I whispered, looking up to see my savior. He gave me a sad look, picking me up and leaving the apartment. I also passed out a few minutes later. 

++++++++++

I sat up and looked around, noticing I was in Leo's bedroom. He was leaning over the bed, resting on his forearms as he slept on my lap. I gently shook him awake and he gasped, looking up at me.

"Are you okay? You took a beating back there," he muttered frantically checking my face and stomach.

"I'm used to it, don't worry," I smiled, putting a hand on his cheek. He sighed, resting his hand on mine.

"I'm sorry. I can't imagine what would've happened if I'd actually left," kissing his forehead, I sniffed, holding back tears.

"It's okay. You were there and that's all that matters."

"But I wouldn't have needed to be there if you'd just left him? Why didn't you?" he wondered, angrily.

"Because I believed he loved me," I shrugged.

"But I would never do something like that to you!" he blushed heavily and turned away, grumbling. Sighing, I took his face in my hands again.

"I know. But you're different, and that's why I love you, Leo," he smiled slightly and leaned up.

"You love me?"

"Yes. But, I can't...Not-" he cut me off a wave of his hand.

"I understand. I'll wait, I promise. However long it takes."

"Promise?" I whispered, leaning my forehead against his.

"Promise." 

++++++++++

Just one thing. If you haven't seen Blackbear's asmr video, WATCH IT. i literally screen recorded the whole thing cuz he's so wholesome it makes my heart hurt.