21 | jealousy

T Z U Y U

"How was it?" I asked as Sana and Areum walked through the door. "Had a fun time?"

I had to stop myself from punching a wall, because boy was I mad.

I had told Areum everything about how I used her name to hide myself, and Areum decided to play along - but we didn't expect that Sana would ask if she wanted to hang out.

Was there some sort of twist in the universe?

Was this karma's way of telling me that I shouldn't have used Areum's name at that party?

I'll never know.

"It was fine." Areum smiled at me, and then smiled at Sana. "I'd better get going. I've got a zoom meeting soon."

"Sure, go on." Sana smiled as Areum left the room, leaving me and Sana at the base of the stairs. "So....Hey Tzu."

"Don't 'hey Tzu' me." I growled. "I told you that I loved you and this is what you do? You ask my best friend out?"

"I didn't ask her out. I just wanted to show her the town-"

"Show her the town, my ass. You don't even live around here, Sana. Why didn't you bring Nayeon unnie with you too?" I scoffed. "That's right, you asked Areum unnie out."

"Tzu-" She tried to say, but I didn't want to speak to her anymore.

"Don't. I don't want to hear what you have to say." I started to go up the stairs, and I felt my heart breaking into several pieces.

However, Sana called my name, but I couldn't bear to turn around.

"Come on, Tzu. Please hear me out."

I paused for a moment, and gripped the side of the staircase. I took a deep breath in.

"I told you I loved you, Sana. I was only gone for two weeks, and it wasn't even my fault. And you decided my words don't mean anything anymore." I couldn't turn around. I didn't want to.

"Tzuyu, maybe it was because you weren't at my party but back then me and Areum had some sort of connection-"

"ARE YOU LISTENING TO YOURSELF?!" I screamed, and finally got the guts to look at her. My tears weren't easy to control, and I felt like breaking down at any moment. "You had one - ONE - moment at your stupid party, and you decide to shove me away? You didn't even see her real face, Sana. You don't even know if it's her that you met."

"And how are you meant to know that?"

I stopped for a moment, and I saw Sana's eyes.

I turned my back to her again and started back up the stairs. "I don't know. I really don't."

I shut my bedroom door, where I saw Nayeon and Areum acting suspicious.

"Why are you guys in that weird position?" I heard the door downstairs close, and I realised how thin the walls were. "You overheard my conversation...."

"Tzuyu, why didn't you just tell her that it was actually you, and not Areum?" Nayeon unnie asked me. "And you told her that you loved her? That's a big step."

"Yeah, I know." I looked over at Areum unnie, who looked as if she were guilty. "I'm sorry for dragging you into this, unnie."

She simply chuckled and made her way over to me.

"It's all good. But, I don't think I'll feel good if I go out with the girl you love." Areum laughed. "Tell you what, I'll go out with her this thursday, and you can keep an eye out on me. I'll ask her a few questions, and you'll be able to overhear them."

"Unnie..." I broke down into tears. "I don't want to see her anymore. I'm so embarrassed-"

"And you won't see her. Well, actually, she won't see you, but I'll make sure that I don't try anything, alright?"

I nodded my head. "Whatever you say, unnie."
________________________________________

M I N S O O

I picked up my phone around 4am in the morning, seeing a missed called from an unknown number about 2 minutes ago.

I called them back, and Tzuyu answered the phone.

"Tzuyu? Why is this the number you're using?"

She sighed and I sat up. "My phone broke about a week ago, and I haven't been able to fix it. I'm using Nayeon unnie's phone right now."

"I knew it!"

"Knew what?"

"Nevermind. How'd it go with Sana after their little outing earlier on?" I asked her, and I heard her sob.

"Horrible, Minsoo. I shouted at her and I feel horrible. But I also feel embarrassed, like I never want to face her again."

"Don't say that Tzu." I yawned. "But, why are you calling me this early in the morning?"

"Minsoo, I really want your help."

I turned on my bedside lamp, and squinted my eyes after getting adjusted to the bright light.

"Go on."