Ch 3: Acts of Mei Part 1

A/N: I don't own anything

Enjoy!

*insert Transformers: Animated opening 1 from the previous chapter

3rd Anti-Honkai Squad HQ

Y/N POV:

I was just cleaning my weapons and Adam was upgrading his abilities when Mei got a response from Schicksal HQ. From what I can tell, her frown would indicate that she was bothered with something.

Mei (IJ): Adam and Y/N, HQ is interested in the mysterious creatures here, and the doctor wishes us to gather more data. I would have Carole work on this, but right now...I need both of you to help me with it.

Me (IJ): She got herself into trouble huh?

Mei (IJ): Well...you can probably say that. She left home and has gone AWOL.

Me (IJ): If this was back on my world right now, she would've have been court-martialed.

Mei (IJ): But luckily, we don't operate like that.

Adam (IJ): Left home?

Mei (IJ): I just received a message this morning. She's back now. She didn't want to come to St. Fountain and ran off the night before her deployment. She's pretty good at covering her tracks. We couldn't find her until she ran out of money and turned herself in...

Me (IJ): Well that sounds like Carole alright...running out of money and all in the middle of a city that's like hell on Earth. ну пизде́ц (Well f*ck)...

Mei (IJ): HQ says she's heading our way now. We have to straighten her up a bit once she arrives.

Me (IJ): Can I smoke her?

Mei (IJ) (chuckles): I think that may be too far, Captain. Though she did go AWOL on us and although it's not that serious, she needs have some form of discipline.

Me (IJ): Sounds to me that I need to NJP her later. Maybe a good smoking will do after all. Hm.

Mei (IJ) (chuckles again): You can forget the smoking part Captain, although I will let you assign her punishment.

Me (IJ) (smirking): Roger.

Mei (IJ): She's a good girl, but she might pull off some crazy stunts if her tempers are flared up. I used to know someone...just like her...

Adam (IJ): Kiana Kaslana, Miss Raiden?

Mei (IJ) (sighs): Yes. How did you know Adam?

Adam (IJ): Read some books somewhere and it mentioned that her personality was somewhat like Carole's right now.

I then see that Mei looked down in remembrance of her. Poor her, must have felt this way for years I believe. Just like me when I lost almost my whole squadron of Marines in Kandahar. I pretty not good at comfronting people, but since she was looking in pain of the memories she probably had, I went up to her and my hand on her shoulder to try to ease down.

Me (IJ) (while my hand is on her shoulder): It's okay. Sometimes I think back about stuff like this as well.

Mei (IJ) (starting to flow with tears): What happened to you that you knew that I was pain all these years that Kiana was with me? How?

Me (IJ) (sighs): Adam, Mei, sit down. I need to tell you this.

They both sit down.

Me (IJ): This happened when I was still a Marine. I was a Sergeant leading a squad of Marines through Kandahar province. We were just on our daily patrols when suddenly, the Taliban ambushed us from within what came to be later known as "Ambush Valley". We fought them off for close to 2 hours and we were running out of ammo fast. Then, an enemy sniper that we didn't know picked us off one by one, until only 3 of us were left. I couldn't save them all. When that happened, we immediately went back to our Humvee and we were ordered back to base. The Marines who fallen that day were given proper burials later, but that experience would scar me, even until now, where I still get routine nightmares of the men that....I couldn't save.