Ch 5: Green Zone Part 1

A/N: I don't own anything in this story, except for my character.

Enjoy!

*insert opening

Green Zone, US military HQ, Baghdad, Iraq

Y/N's POV

Once we got out of the portal, I immediately went to the command center of the HQ as directed for further orders, along with Mei and Adam.

Me: General?

A General by the name of General Taylor was the contact I was supposed to meet.

Gen. Taylor: Captain. Looks like you arrived on time.

Me: As requested.

Gen. Taylor: Right, let's start this quick briefing.

I then gesture Mei and Adam to the seats and the Gen. then pops up a screen.

Gen. Taylor: Alright. Right now we are inside the Green Zone. As your LtCol. told you, you are to link up with the 3rd Infantry Division (ID) just in the Kadhimiya District, northeast of here. Iraqi police in that area are already on high alert, and have locked down the area. Once you link up with the 3rd ID, you will repel the convoy and prevent them from getting close to the Green Zone for an attack. Is that clear?

Me: Yes sir.

Gen. Taylor (turns to Mei and Adam): Maam, sir, do you understand what I said?

Mei: We do sir.

Adam: Yes sir.

Gen. Taylor: Very well, this ends. Remember, two objectives. One, link up with 3rd ID, and two, repel the convoy. Now go get 'em!

Me: Yes sir! (I salute him)

Gen. Taylor: Dismissed!

Me (to Mei and Adam): You heard him. Let's go.

We then head out of the briefing room and I head out to the motorpool to grab a Humvee.

Motorpool Officer: Never thought I would see a Russian officer here.

Me: Hey! I used to be a Marine!

Motorpool Officer: Just kidding. I already knew anyways. What do you need?

Me: Well, I need a Humvee so that I can go to Kadhimiya district.

Motorpool Officer: Ah, where the 3rd ID guys are?

Me: Yep.

Motorpool Officer: Well crayon eater. Your wish is granted. (he chuckles)

Me (chuckling): Shut up.

Motorpool Officer (still chuckling, but then stops): Anyways, the Humvee's in the back.

Me: Alright, thanks.

I then go to the Humvee that he said for me to get and well...old memories.

Me (thinking): Haven't been in this vehicle for a long time.

Mei and Adam then come up behind me.

Mei (IJ): You okay, Captain?

Me (IJ): Yeah...

I then climb into the driver's seat, while Mei gets the passenger seat in the front and Adam gets the seat in the back.

Me (IJ): Let's go.

I start up the Humvee and start to drive towards Kadhimiya District.

A few moments later, Kadhimiya District, Baghdad, Iraq