Ch 4: Acts of Mei Part 2

A/N: I don't own anything.

Enjoy!

*insert opening theme

3rd Anti-Honkai Squad HQ, St. Fountain

Y/N POV:

I was sitting on the floor, cleaning my weapons and checking my gear when Mei got word from Schicksal HQ about the monsters that we encountered.

Mei (IJ): Alright, I've spoken with HQ. The Overseer wants to see how it looks here. I'm setting up a panoramic hologram to bring her up to date. Let's start building an array.

I got on my gear again and grabbed my AK-12 and got up to wait for Mei and Adam so that we can start the mission. I walked up to Mei to see if she was still having trouble getting past her loss.

Me (IJ): Mei?

Mei (IJ): Hm?

Me (IJ): You alright now? Looked like you were still having trouble getting past your loss.

Mei (IJ): I'm alright now, thanks to you.

Me (IJ): Well gee...you're welcome.

Mei (IJ): Now, let's get going, shall we?

Me (IJ): Yep. Let's move.

Mei, Adam, and I started to walk past the doors of our HQ back into St. Fountain to do the mission.

A few moments later, close to a bridge

We got out to where we were supposed to start our mission when the Overseer (Theresa) got on the comms.

Theresa (IJ): Hello, Mei...

Mei (IJ): Glad to see you, Overseer. You look bad...stayed up again?

Me (IJ) Glad so see you, Overseer.

Theresa (IJ): Wait. Mei, who was that?

Mei (IJ): That was one of the new members on our team. Adam found him near Sa'ad Station.

Theresa (IJ): I see. Can you please state your name and occupation?

Me (IJ): Captain Y/N L/N, 144th Guards Motor Rifle Division, Russian Ground Forces.

Theresa (IJ): Russian Ground Forces? I've never heard of them before. Are you from here?

Me (IJ): No. I'm not from here. I'm from another alternate universe of Earth in your eyes.

Theresa (IJ): Oh. So...do you have to face Honkai?

Me (IJ): No. But we got a bunch of terrorist dumbf*cks who want nothing less than to wage jihad on the world.

Theresa (IJ): Like who?

Me (IJ): Al-Qaeda, Taliban, Boko Haram, ISIS, you name them. Not to mention that the country of North Korea always wants to send threats of launching nukes and starting World War 3. (I sigh)

Theresa (IJ): I see.

Adam (IJ): Good to see you too, Overseer.

Theresa (IJ): Hi! Er...did we meet at St. Freya? The memory is still fresh.

Adam (IJ): It feels like yesterday.

Mei (IJ): Hmm...I didn't know you were such a smooth talker.

Theresa (IJ): Haha, school days are always memorable. (she sighs) I remember when I was principal, I'd call it a good year if we had any graduates at all...

She pauses for a second.

Theresa (IJ): Well, enough chit chat. Now share with me what you're seeing please.