( thirteen )

HONEY HONEY
CHAPTER THIRTEEN

HONEY HONEY CHAPTER THIRTEEN

THREE broken hearts. a girl without friends, a boy without love, a girl without happiness. Two in which had their reasons. Some better than others. Carly hadn't felt pain like this in a long time. For the first time in months, she was completely alone. What was the point of making friends or falling in love if all they did was hurt you. Maisie had ignored Carly's constant calls, even in school, she made sure she was far away from Carly. Carly had never felt more desperate. She was hurt. All she wanted was a friend in her moment of pain, but now that had dissipated into a pile of broken hearts. 

John Ambrose kept his eye on Carly. He noticed the distance between the two girls and wished to fix the heartache. However, in his eyes, staying away from her was the best. He couldn't risk her falling deeper when he didn't return her feelings. The last thing he wanted to do was hurt her. 

Carly had sulked throughout school and with John Ambrose's distance, he was no longer tutoring her for English. Now, her grades were dropping again and she was without friends. Her mother called for another tutor but the connection was gone. Any breakdown she exprienced in front of her new tutor left them feeling uncomfortable and tense. He didn't console her like John Ambrose McClairen. Instead he pushed his glasses further up his nose and cleared his throat as he tried to distract himself from the crying girl. 

Justine noticed a difference in her daughter and wasted no time in ranting to her mother-in-law about the boy she rightfully so was sceptical about. Bernadette began to act colder to the boy. John Ambrose noticed this and felt the pang in his chest. He had not only disappointed Carly but her family as well. Most importantly, he had disappointed himself. He enjoyed having Carly as a friend and hated how this was the only solution. John Ambrose forced himself to hang around with Lara Jean more in an attempt to stay away. 

It had now been two weeks since the catastrophic valentine's night. As much as Carly hated to admit it, she missed her friends. She missed arguing with John Ambrose about movies and staying up late with Maisie as they binged their favourite series. She missed being the smartest duo in Biology with Maisie and having everyone hate them. She missed laughing with John Ambrose about his broken love life. But now, it was her love life that was broken. 

There was no winning John Ambrose back. There was no point. It was his decision. Carly wasn't going to prove herself to him when he walked away. Maisie, however, left without an explanation and it was killing Carly as to what happened. Approaching, the now, blue-haired girl was no use. Even at the sight of Carly, Maisie would run for the hills. Carly spotted Jess, Maisie's friend from the party, at her locker. Hesitantly, Carly approached the brunette. 

"Jess, Hi" The brunette turned and immediately shot daggers at the girl. Carly felt small against those stares. "I know we don't really no each other but Maisie kinda ended our friendship and I know it wasn't much but I just want to know what happened. Do you know anything?"

"I might, but why should I tell you anything?" Jess asked, bitterness evident in her voice. 

"I just want to know what I did wrong, she didn't give me any explanation. Please? How do I fix this?" Jess stared into Carly brown puppy-dog eyes. Jess tried to hold herself together for her friend but soon sighed as she gave in. 

"Fine. I don't know the details but it's always the same. Maisie only has two friends. Hayley and I and her brother but he doesn't count. Maisie and I have known each other since we were kids and Hayley is my girlfriend. Everyone else that has tried to be friends with Maisie is just taking advantage of her. She thought you were different but clearly you did something to change her opinion of you." Jess explained. 

"What do you mean take advantage?" Carly asked, not  fully understanding the sitution. 

Jess sighed at the extent of Carly obliviousness. "Maisie Peterson, daughter of Jackson Peterson, the business mogul. He's the head of like every green energy company in America. How much did you two actually talk about?"

"She never told me." Carly whispered as she connected the dots in her head. "Thank you for helping me." 

Catching Maisie leaving the school building, assuming for gym, Carly sprinted down the hallway calling her name. At the sound of Carly's voice, Maisie's steps increased in speed. Running would be too extreme but she really didn't want to talk. "Would you just talk to me?" Carly yelled. Growing frustrated, Maisie whipped her head around turning to the girl. 

"What? What do you want?" Carly was taken back by the curt attitude. 

"I want to know what happened." Carly stated calmly with a hint of desperation. "I really needed you and all of sudden you don't want to be friends anymore."

Maisie released an agrivated breathe. "You always need me, Carly." 

"What does that mean."

"In the entire time we've been friends, all we've talked about is you. Not once have you asked me about my life. Did you know that I got dumped last month? Of course you don't considering you didn't even know I was in a relationship. It's always about you." Carly gulped at the truth that Maisie was spitting. She looked down at her fingers as she reflected on the past few months. There wasn't one thing Carly could tell you about Maisie. Not her favourite colour, how many siblings she had, her middle name. 

"I didn't realise." Carly whispered. "I've never been someone's friend before. I've spent the last seventeen years only being concerned about myself. I'm sorry I didn't see it before, but I'm begging you to give me a second chance because as much as I hate to admit it, I like having friends. It's nice having people care about you and talking about things you both like. I promise this time, I will let you talk. I won't speak another word until you want me to." Carly declared. All she wanted was her friend back. "Please." 

Maisie stared at Carly, her cold demeanor prevalent on her face. Like, Jess, Maisie fell for those apologetic brown eyes. She knew she was right about Carly and although hesitant, Maisie had to understand that not everyone was the bad guy. So, she accepted Carly's offer. The brunette was filled with glee that she kept hidden in a tiny smile. Carly vowed to keep her promise and learned everything she could about Maisie Ann Peterson. Apart of Carly felt that John Ambrose would be proud of her but the thought of him only made her downhearted. Right now, she had friends, and they made her a lot happier than John Ambrose McClaren. 

hi! i am so sorry i'm late with this and that it's so short but i really wanted to make this to add more to maisie's character. i also wanted to emphasis that boyfriends/girlfriends are not the only source of happiness. i have no idea when i'll next update, i feel like i don't want to jump straight into more john/carly content but i'm out of ideas. i want this to be paced well and i feel like there needs to be at least one more chapter without john. if you have any ideas please pm me and i'll of course give credit.