The day we met again 💞 (Devakshi)

Dev Dixit

Dev Dixit

Sonakshi Bose

First shot:

As Sonakshi steps down from the train, the deserted station and the almost mute surrounding make her forehead lined. She moves her eyes either side of the long platform but can't find a porter or even any station master. She glances at her small duffle bag. It is not too heavy to carry but the thing is, her aunt's house is not in a walking distance from here. She purses her lips in annoyance.

"Let's get out of this station. There must be some auto or rickshaw outside."

Her hopeful mind suggests. Without a second thought, she picks the bag up and propels towards the exit. However, the outside is not any different from the platform scenario. There is no auto or no rickshaw seen in the stands. Sonakshi observes the road is also much vacated. One or two private cars are running to and fro but everybody is somehow in haste. She eyes to the nearby tea stalls and small Dhabas. But they are also closed in this peak business time. Sonakshi sighs in despair. Now, only her cousin could rescue her from this freaky situation. She pulls out the mobile from her handbag...but...what a shit...there is no network. Both the net and call tower is showing nil in the screen.

"Fuck...."

Her pique comes out. She again roams her eyes around for anyone to whom she can ask about the reason for this abrupt silence and abandon but unfortunately, there is not a single figure. Being frustrated and hapless she starts walking on the road. It is mid of June. The scorching sunlight is pricking her skin. Sonakshi covers her head and face with the dupatta as much as she can and adjusts the sunglasses. She almost covers 20 to 25 meter when an Alto car screeches to stop next to her. For a moment she fears... Is it wise to walk alone on this deserted road? Her mind clouds with not so good predictions. The passenger side window glass rolls down and an elderly woman looks at her in surprise.

"What are you doing here? Don't you know there is a curfew announced here? A communal riot took place last night and a curfew is declared in the morning."