Chapter 6

Drake's POV

She fell asleep in the middle of a movie.
I picked her up and went upstairs in my room. I tucked her in a bed and kissed her forehead. I got out to make important call.

Since I killed her father she doesn't have a guardian. So I thought that I should take care of her. I don't want to see her in orphanage and here she will have everything provided. She knows me and Bella so I think it won't be a problem. I feel guilty cause I'm doing this without her consent but if she knew she would object the idea.

So I called my friend in government.
''Hello John.''
''Hello Mr. Smith. Do you need something from me?''
''Yes actually. I want to become guardian of Angelica Johnson. She doesn't have parents anymore and she is minor. So I need you to fix those papers for me.''
''Oh, yes. It won't be a problem. At the end of a week everything will be done.''
''Thank you. Goodbye.''
''Bye Mr. Smith.''

I shot my phone down and turned around to check on my Angel. She was crying at the door and she was looking at me with sad eyes.

''What did you do to my father?'' She asked.
''I'm sorry.'' I don't know what to say to her. I killed her father in anger, I wasn't thinking about consequences.

She shut the door in my face and locked it.
''Angel open the door.'' I said knocking on a door. I didn't hear anything just small sobbing.
''If you don't open the door, I'll break them.''

I ran to the maid to give me spare key. After that I quickly ran up and opened the door with shaky hands.
I felt relieved when I saw her sitting on a floor. At least she didn't do anything.
She heard me coming closer when she looked up.

''No. Don't come near me. You murderer.''
My heart hurt from that word. Usually I wouldn't be affected but she said that word. I was so angry at myself right now. I should have thought before I killed him.

She looked at me in fear but she doesn't know that I would never hurt her.
''My Angel, I'm sorry. I was angry at him because he was hurting you. I would never hurt you.'' I tried to convince her.
''I don't want to see you again. I hate you.'' She yelled at me with pure anger.

That word shattered my heart. My eyes became watery a bit but I refused to let tears fall down. She is angry now, I'm angry at myself now too. It's better if I leave her alone. But she needs to now one thing that won't change.
''That doesn't change a fact that I'm your guardian from now on.'' And with that I closed the door. 

I went in a bar so I can forget everything that happened today.

Angelica's POV

''That doesn't change a fact that I'm your guardian from now on.'' He said that and closed the door.

He killed my father. He just pretended to be nice in front of me when he is actually merciless murderer. But why I can't hate him? He already saved me twice and showed me love. I was angry when I said those words, I thought he is just like my dad. He must be hurt right now. But from now I will live here. I will watch him everyday. Can I actually do that?
Before I knew I passed out on a floor from exhaustion.

I opened my eyes to see that I am still on a floor lying. He didn't came back yet and it's dark. What if something happened to him? No, it can't be.

Just as I thought that something bumped outside the door. I quickly got up and opened slowly the door to see what's happening.

Drake was leaning on a door. He looked drunk and smelled horribly.
''Baby, you're here. I'm sorry.'' He slurred then started crying. He almost fell on me but somehow kept balance.
''Come inside. You are drunk.''
I helped him to lay on a bed. He is really a giant.
''Come here. Sleep with me.'' He said.
''No, you sleep. We will talk tomorrow.''
He removed his shirt and pants then laid under sheets.

What did he do? Maybe it's my fault that he got drunk like this. He is really sorry. Since I didn't now where to sleep I took a spare pillow from the bed and laid on a floor.

Drake's POV

Urghh. My head is hurting. What happened? It's dark outside. How did I manage to come here? I look at my phone to see it's 2:30 a.m. I can't remember anything.

Angel isn't in the bed. I started panicking that something happened to her but I heard a light snoring on a floor. I looked down to see her sleeping on a floor with just a pillow.

I got up and picked her up. I lay her on a bed and got under the sheets.
''I'm sorry, my Angel.'' I whisper in her ear. She cuddled in my arms. I loved how she responded to me even if she is just sleeping. I kissed her on a forehead and fell asleep again.

When I opened my eyes in the morning I saw that Angel wasn't in the bed with me. I panicked but instantly calmed when I heard water running in bathroom. Few minutes later she came out and immediatly looked at me.

''Good morning.'' I waved to her.
''Why did you put me in a bed?'' She asked looking mad.
''You were sleeping without blanket and it was cold.''
''We need to talk about yesterday.'' She said.
'Sure, I will take a shower and we can talk.'' She nodded. I got up and went straight to the bathroom. After 20 minutes I was nervously ready.

I sat next to her on my bed.
''Why were you drunk?''
''I was mad at myself for what I did and went to the bar.'' I looked down embarassed.
''Why do you want to be my guardian?''
''Because I killed your father and I wanted to make it up for you. I know it will never be enough but I'm really, really sorry.'' My voice sounded like broken at the end.
''How come police didn't caught you?''

She is surely straightfoward and this caught me of guard. Should I tell her or not. I want to be honest with her.
''I am actually a mafia boss so police can't caught me because we kinda cooperate with police.''

Her eyes widened at my answer.
''What? Mafia boss? And you want to be my guardian?'' She asked scared. I nodded.
''Look. I would never hurt you.'' I said cupping her face.
''How can I be sure?''
''I will show you. Just please don't tell me you hate me. It really hurt me.''

''I don't hate you. I was afraid that you are like my father. I don't know if it's wrong but I don't have any feelings towards my father. My mum died because of him. Thank you for saving me from him.''

And she hugged me. I know she is crying because I can feel my shirt is wet. I hugged her back and kissed her temple.

''Will we go to eat something?''
She nodded her head. I gave her my hand and she took it.

''We need to explain Bella everything.'' I said reminding me that I should let my sister know.
''Okay.''

When we reached downstairs it was empty. I sat her down on a chair and started mixing pancakes.

I finished and put plate in front of her.
''Thanks.'' I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around to see Bella coming.

''Hello big bro and Angel. What are you doing here this early?'' She asked suprised.
''Uhm Bella can we talk in a living room. All of us.''
''Yeah.''

We went to sit on couch.
''From now on Angel will be living here.''
''Why?'' She asked suprised.
So I told her everything from begining.
She just looked at me with a shocked face which I expected.

''I'm sorry Angel about you father.'' She hugged her.
''It's okay.'' 
''But I'm happy that we will live together.'' She smiled at her.

I'm relieved that she took it good. She loves Angelica. I think it won't be a problem.

''Drake in which room she would be staying?'' I would like her to stay in mine but it would be weird.
''The room next to yours. She can decorate it however she likes.''
''Yess.. We can go shopping.'' Bella said excitedly. Angel just smiled at her.

''Okay girls let's go shopping.'' I got up and grabbed my keys. They got up and we headed to a mall.