4

I was happy.

Penny could be full of surprises sometimes.

"Happy Birthday!" Penny, Mona, Ariel and Jake all shouted. I was really happy seeing all of them.

Jake and I were good friends, i actually was the one who pushed him to follow Mona that night, well it kinda ended well.

As i hugged every one, including Mona, we didn't quite know each other yet "It's nice to see y'all" i couldn't hold it in.

I was about asking how they were here, i mean i talked with Jake yesterday and he didn't mention anything to me, by the way Penny cut me off "don't worry about it, I planned it all" well i knew that she did. Who else could put this off.

We talked about everything that's been happening to us all, everyone their own story and then the cake arrived and surprisingly Penny's sister walked in, laughing.

"Happy Birthday Arm" i looked at Penny, "didn't you say she was giving troubles this morning?" i asked.

"Well, it's my thing you know, when have I not been a bitch?" everyone laughed and she gave me a gift and said she gotta go cause Carl her boyfriend was waiting for her outside.

"Thanks Lenny" i waved her goodbye.

Mona seemed excited about the wrapped package, it was a very small box. I opened it and found a dozen pair of earrings and i turned to Penny and smirked as she just shrugged as she laughed. No way she didn't have a hand in this.

I just expected to get earrings but definitely not from Lenny. Typical.

My phone had been buzzing since Lenny left but i ignored it. I was sure it was from Ohm.

We all had lunch and cake. We later drove to a club that was around here somewhere. I had the best birthday I'd ever had since I was what, thirteen? I was fun with Penny and Jake all those years but it was different with a little extras.

I felt like everything was going to be okay.

That was short lived though, i got a text from my mom the next morning said tgey were arriving earlier, and by that they meant tomorrow.

Penny drove Jake and the others to the airport and later on we went home. I dreaded going inside my house " i really don't want to go" i whined to Penny.

She kissed me and pushed me out of the car "hey" she said, "yeah?" i turned around and she put an envelope in my hands.

"Happy Birthday!" she yelled as she drove away.

I wondered what was inside the envelope but i couldn't dwell on that thought longer as a crazy person came out the front door in one clutch and well using the other one to hit me continuously.

"What the fuck!" i shouted as i tried to cover at least my face, i couldn't go to work all bruised up again.

He didn't stop though, he continued hitting, "Jesus" the nurse shouted from behind him.

"Fucker, stupid stupid fucker, how dare you?  fucking cunt..." he didn't stop insulting till we heard the police. I think the nurse dialed them.

She sure as hell wouldn't be coming back that's for sure and i sure as hell would be in a lot of worse case scenarios.

O God, i sighed.

Way to ruin the little happiness left in me. I talked to the officers, it wasn't the first time any of this had happened so the just gave us a warning, he even suggested therapy. Lol, like he would bulge.

Well, at least he had released some steam. He would not give me any trouble for the time being. I went inside the house as I said goodbye and thank you to the nurse.

I went straight to the bathroom to treat my apparent bruises, he did a good job this time. I got a black eye, he got my face after all and it stings.

I had a bath and proceeded to sleep, i remembered the envelope Penny gave me. Opening it, it was airplane ticket scheduled for the night of her graduation barely three weeks from now. I called her immediately.

Penny's graduation day.

It had been a remarkable three weeks, it was quite bearable since my mom was helping Ohm instead of me and apparently my dad wasn't even paying me any attention not like i minded though, i was glad.

I had packed my bag to work last night, no one but my mom and Penny knew i was leaving today. I also got an acceptance letter from NYU, i had jokingly sent an application.

I got in.

Baby steps, i was waiting for Penny in the car, her sis would go with us and drive us to the airport only, the car was hers after that. She was extremely excited.

I quit work last night.

Ooooooh my bro would be so pissed when he didn't see me for more than two days. Who was he going to abuse all day long?

"There they are" i pulled Penny into a hug, "congratulations babe" i kissed her.

"Let's go" she was really excited that I was leaving and I was finally free.

We hugged Lenny goodbye "we'll visit" Penny promised her. As we stepped into the plane i texted my mom.

"Love you, I'm gone" i wrote before i turned my phone off i got one from her "love you too, be happy"

I smiled, i was going to be happy for a long time and it had only begun.

Bye Ohm, i whispered.

Arm was free and i finally escaped hell.

****
That's it, no dramatic goodbyes lol.
VOTE AND COMMENT.

See you in book three.
Love you all.