Chapter 6

Second half of Same Old World

"So, how about this? You could live out here in the country; there's no noise, no rules, and it'd just be you becoming one with nature," Steven said. Pointing out everything below him. 

I dive downwards and flies below the trees of a forest and look around. There's not much out here.

I asked hime ,"Why would I want to do that?"

"It's fun," he answers," If you live with these trees, you could build a giant bird nest and have squirrels for pets! You could eat acorn pie every night, and when it gets hotter or rains, you would be protected by these nice leaves."

"Leaves..."

I fly upwards and above the trees, when a leaf gets caught up in Steven's mouth and he pulls it out.

"Whoa, Lapis, look at this! " Steven shouts, showing me this leaf,"This leaf turned orange. This means the season are changing from summer to fall. Soon, it's gonna happen to all the leaves on all the trees"

 I watch in fascination as we flew past the trees from above. I didn't know that leaves can change colors. I wasn't on Earth long enough to experience the changing of the seasons. What are seasons anyway. Summer? Fall? Earth is much more fascinating  than I thought. 
"Wow"

Steven inquired,"So, what do you think?"

"Hhmmm,I'm not sure."

"That's okay, there's plenty of places we haven't been yet. Come on!"

He points to the distance and I follow the direction Steven and I fly  towards the bustling 

" What's this?" I was actually curious. The last I saw, humans lived in small gatherings. 

"This must be Empire City,"Steven said," Isn't it cool?"
"It's very... bright."

"Yeah, that's why they say, 'What happens in Empire city never sleeps.'"

" So, what does happen in Empire City?"

"Well, let's see. If you lived here, you could get a cool apartment, and be a single Gem taking on the big city. You'll have a fun job at a local coffee shop and come home to a wacky roommate-"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I have a job already. And what's a "coffee shop"?

Steven was very vocal about my decesion. I look over in the distance and see a  darkish place. Like a shadow was casted over it."Hey, what's that shadowy place right there?" 

"Oh, that's Jersey"

"Is it populated by machines?"

"No, those are cars. They make a lot of smog though," Steven answered, coughing," You'd like it in Jersey. The people here seem to hate the Earth, too."

A random person saw us and shouted,"Quit flyin' in our sky, you mooks!" 
They even threw something at us. I think it was a boot. Steven and I responded with fart noises and continued on, laughing. I flew above the cloud and Steven looked up at the stars, in awe. 

" Wow, Lapis! It's so beautiful up here," Steven said. 

" Eh, it's alright, I guess I can see why you like it, I said, smirking at Steven "Hold on!"

I picked up speed and did some aerial tricks. The next thing I knew, we were over the ocean. 

"Hey, we made it out all the way over the ocean. I wonder how far out we are?"

The Galaxy Warp then comes into view in the middle of the ocean.We must be pretty far out. 

"Oh, cool, the Galaxy Warp."