Madness...

"Walk in, ask questions, get out. Walk in ask questions, get out." You repeated to yourself as you paced back and forth outside of the interrogation room, clutching the files in your hands as though your life depended on it. You had be selected to join the team of scientists that were assigned to study/work with SCP 049, otherwise known as 'The Plague Doctor'. And your first assignment as the newbie? Perform an interview with the good Doctor himself.
You weren't 100% what the heck was going through Dr.Sheman's head when he decided this, but it wasn't like you could argue with him. Arguing with any Foundation member above you was risky for a number of reasons, especially since you had only JUST been transferred to this team, and you felt like complaining about the very first task handed to you was a bit.....bitchy. So you decided to suck it up, and not ask any questions that would cost you your job.
So that's why you are currently waiting outside of the interrogation room awaiting for the speaker over the door to give you the OK to go on in.

"Dr. (L/n), enter the interrogation room." The speaker announced suddenly, making you flinch. "Right." You said to yourself. You were about to grab the door handle, when you paused. "Walk in, ask questions. Get. The. Fuck. Out." You said one final time before opening the door and entering the room, the door being locked by some automatic lock thingy you didn't really care about.
The room was bigger than you expected, in fact, it felt a tad over done in size actually. And in the center, handcuffed to the table he was seated at, was the Plague Doctor himself, SCP 049. He didn't look up to see who had entered, but he was aware you were there, so there was no backing out at this point, not that there was really. Your heels clicked on the gray concrete floor as you made your way to your seat on the opposite side of the table. "Good day SCP 049." You started, setting down the file you had brought with you infront of you. "Good day, doctor." SCP 049 replied in his cold, British-French voice. "I'm no doctor 049, I'm a scientist." You corrected. "Ah, a lady of science." 049 said, looking up at you at last, his eyes seemed to be painted with....amusement? "Yes, I am a 'lady of science', specifically biology and a minor course in psychology." You said, wanting to get to the questions you were given to ask. "How...impressive." 049 said, but a touch of sarcasm in his voice told you he found it rather unimpressive. "Yes...I suppose so..." you replied, unsure how to really respond to his sarcasm. "But enough about me, I want to talk about your...'cure'." You said, letting the sarcasm drip off of your voice be very obvious. "Finally! Are you going let me continue me research on the Pestilence?" He asked immediately. "No, I wanted to ask you exactly when you realized you had to ability to 'cure' people by simply touching them." You asked, leaning forward to rest your chin on the back of your hand. "Hmm.....that is a memory I haven't thought about in many, many years." 049 said looking off in to a corner of the room, like he was reminiscing. "I was training in medical school, and one of my colleagues asked me to take part in an experimental medicine he was sure would cure a different disease, I'm afraid I don't remember what disease he originally intended the cure for though, my apologies." SCP 049 said. "It's ok, no one's memory is perfect." You said, trying to encourage him to tell you more. "You're right, memories do fade rather fast when you aren't thinking of them. But let us continue this -I do belive the saying is 'trip down Memory Lane.'" He said, and you nodded in agreement. "As I was saying, I agreed to participate in an experiment with one of my colleagues. But the experiment was much more....horrifying that I expected." 049 said, his fists tightened around the chains condemning him to the table. "Explain." You asked. SCP 049 looked at you, his eyes seemed to ask you 'Please don't make me recount this' but you needed to know for your report. After about a minute or so, he sighed deeply, and said. "The medication was to be delivered via the pupil of the eye. With a needle." You covered your mouth in shock at this. "Oh my go...heck. I...I can't believe they made you go through with that." You said, remorse for this creature suddenly welling up inside you. "Don't feel sorry for me, it was a necessary evil in order for me to gain the ability to sense out the Pestilence, and destroy it." 049 replied. "Ok then....So this medicine..." You continued."It gave you the ability to sense out this 'Pestilence and 'cure' people of it, am I hearing this right?" You said, with a frown. "Yes. Is that so hard to understand?" 049 said in an exasperated voice, like he had told this story 100 times before to a cat, excepting it to nod and understand what he said completely. "Actually it is." You stated. SCP 049 started shaking his head no."But you and your... your ilk simply can't comprehend what-""No, I think it's that YOU can't comprehend that your 'cure' is actually a death sentence, and that the Pestilence is mere figment of your own mind." You interrupted. "What?!" 049 said, as if the thought of the Pestulance being an illusion if his mind was the biggest insult you could've thrown at him. "A plague that only YOU can sense, and only YOU can cure, that has SOMEHOW infected nearly the entire planet undetected with symptoms that ONLY YOU can detect, and NO ONE else has ever reported this disease in all of history. If someone were to tell me this story, I'd say they were delusional, and needed serious psychiatric help." You stated, plain as day, and as serious as Shirley. Suddenly, SCP 049 banged the table with his cuffed fists, and stood up out of his chair with such force it sent screeching partway across the room, and startling you enough to sit up straight and press the panic button hidden under your side of the table. "Now listen here you.....girl." the Doctor said, his voice dripping with venom and bottled up rage. "The Pestilence is as real as the blood in your veins, and my cure, as unsightly as it is, is the best and ONLY way to combat it. And just because you FOOLS cannot see what is CLEARLY there, does not mean it is not real, just that your vision is-" He never finished his sentence, because then, 2 guards burst in through the doorway, guns aimed at SCP 049. You breathed a sigh of relief, and SCP 049 seemed to realize that the interview was being cut short today. "Thank you baby Jesus." You mumbled under your breath. Despite the fact that he was cuffed to the table, and that the table was bolted to he floor, you were genuinely scared there at what would have happened if 049 had continued with his rant. You were pulled out of these thoughts when one of the guards voices broke the bracing tension the air."Dr.(L/n), if you could please exit the room while we cuff SCP 049-""OH! Right, I should really go." You said, rushing out of the room. You did NOT want to be in there when SCP 049 was being uncuffed, ESPECIALLY after that whole conversation. But once you closed the door, locked it, and began walking away, a loud BANG at the door made you whirl around to see the cause.
You hadn't realized that the interrogation room door had a small rectangle window, about 3 inches by 7 inches, with thick glass separating the rooms. And staring through that small window was SCP 049, pressed up against the glass like he was trying to walk through it to run after you. But his eyes.... his eyes are what terrified you. They weren't full of rage like you expected, but it was like he was saying 'I'll get you, just not today.' You had a solid 5 seconds of eye contact with him before you snapped out of it and started running in the other direction. Even though you weren't in any real danger there, you just had to get away from those eyes, those cold, vengeful, blue eyes.

<=-=-=-=-=>