...Or Medicine

WARNING:BIG NEEDLES AHEAD

"So their solution to you agitating SCP 049..... was to have you be one of the guys who watches over and studies it?" The guard asked. "Yep. I guess it's because I was able to get him to tell us how he got his anomalous abilities, but I highly doubt that he'll ever talk with me again, so I don't know what they are expecting to happen." You said with a shrug. You leaned against the wall of the elevator, the rumble of the gears giving a gentle vibration to your sore back. "Well, maybe this only a temporary thing, ya know, to teach you a lesson to not get the SCP's all fired up." The guard suggested. "Maybe." You said, unsure whether to believe it. The elevator dinged and the doors opened to let you out. But immediately, you knew something was wrong.
"Is it....always this dark down here?" You asked, looking into the inky blackness. The guard, although you couldn't see his face, you were pretty sure was very panicked, judging by how he fumbled with his radio for a few seconds before radioing in. "Nemo to Central, we may have a breach in the containment of SCP 049, requesting backup, over." "Back up is being dispatched Nemo, over." The radio responded, giving you a bit of hope for rescue. "Can't we just go back up?" You said, pressing the up button, but to no avail, as the elevator stayed put. "Stay here." The guard suddenly ordered. "Wait, what?!" You said, suddenly very scared. "The elevator controls are down, and will have to be reset manually. And considering how you don't have the best relationship with 049..... I think it's best you wait here in case it did break containment. This elevator is the safest place right now." The guard said. "Well, aside from anywhere else in the world." You added, the guard chucking at your little joke. "Yeah that's true, I'd rather be in the Bahamas than here." He said. "I'll be back in a jiffy. And while I'm gone, try not to die." He added. Then, he took a deep breath, and walked cautiously into the blackness. "Bye bye." You said quietly, as he disappeared into the darkness. 'Don't panic yet (Y/n), just try and think of something else. Think of where you'd rather be right now....' you thought, sliding down the wall and sitting on the floor. 'I'd rather be....gosh there's too many places to choose from. I guess....I'd rather be home right now, in my crappy little apartment, it's a shit hole, but hey, it's my shithole.' You added 'And I can't wait to get back to it.' . But your train of thought was interrupted by a gun shots and screaming. "Looks like he found trouble down here." You said, jumping to your feet. The gunshots and screaming didn't end right away though, they went on and on for what felt like eternity. You covered your ears 'Please stop screaming. Just stop it! Please just give up already and die!! It's too loud!! I can't take your screaming!!! PLEASE JUST DIE AND BE SILENT!' You screamed mentally. 'Oh god, I just wished for a guy to give up fighting for his life for some peace and quiet! What the hell, me!?' You mentally yelled at yourself. However, before you could derail your sanity further, the guy shots and screaming ceased to be. The silence you had been begging for earlier was now weighing on you, and it felt like a thousand pounds. "Wait, I-I take it back, keep screaming, keep shooting. Th-This silence is far worse!" You begged to the empty air. That's when you heard the thump, thump, thump, of boots on the tiled floors. At first you rejoiced at haveing the silence broken, but the fear of who was makeing their way to the elevator replaced that false joy rather quickly.
And boy it didn't get better from there.

"Hello?" Called out a familiar voice. But not of the guard, to your hearts disappointment, but of a different man, who you, in a single conversation, managed to make your worst enemy.
"I know someone is there...show yourself, I will not harm you... for I am the cure." 049 said, as he drew closer. 'i WiLl nOt hArM yOu, my left ass cheek!" You thought, gritting your teeth in anger. "BULLSHIT!" You called out, regretting it the second you did so. The footsteps of 049 grew faster and closer you thought to yourself 'Welp, this is it folks, this is how I die, ladies and gents, you've been a terrifically terrible audience!'
"Dr.(L/n)?" The Plague Doctor said. He was now standing in the elevator frame with a surprised look in his eyes. "Ahaha....hi there 049..." you said nervously. The surprised look in his eyes turned to a darker look, an 'I've got you cornered' look.
"Why hello again, dear doctor." 049 said with obviously fake sweetness. "What are you doing in such a dreadful place?" He asked, stepping towards you. "Oh, ya know...just.....hanging around, and uh..... I ended up in this shit hole." You said, trying to squeeze into the corner as much as you could. "Oh, poor you." SCP 049 teased, and stepped closer. "Perhaps I could be of assistance?" He offered, extending a hand. But you could hear the evil smirk in that offer, plus, there was no way in hell or high water you were touching any part of him, let alone shaking his hand. "No." You said firmly, confidence suddenly bubbling forth. "Oh?" He said in a 'surprised' tone. "Are you sure?" He said, stepping a step too close for comfort, blocking you from slipping out of the corner without touching him. But you mustered up all of the courage in you, look him in the eyes, only to say "Yes?" In a squeaky I'm-gonna-cry-voice. "Well that's too bad." The Doctor said, a syringe sliding out from his sleeve. "What are-OW!" Before you could stop him, he stabbed you in the neck with the needle and injected you with its contents. "Wha-no no, please...don't." Was all you managed to say before collapsing to the ground.
Unfortunately, when you collapsed, you weren't lucky enough to be unconscious. You were awake yes, but try as you might, you couldn't move an inch, nor could you scream. "My my good doctor, you appear to have taken ill." SCP 049 says, sarcasm evident in his voice. 'GEE I WONDER WHAT I CAUGHT?' You mentally yelled. "Not to worry, I will cure you." He said. Before you could begin to comprehend what was happening, he had scooped you up bridal style and was carrying you down the hall. 'Ok so 1 HOW AM I NOT DEAD? And 2 WHAT IS HE GONNA DO TO ME?' You screamed. "Now, be a good girl a stay on the operating table for me." The Doctor said, gently placing you down on a cold, hard, and slightly wet table. 'Why is it wet?' You thought, although you has a pretty good idea what it could be, you REALLY didn't want to think about that right now. Suddenly, bright lights turned above you, and your eyes began to water. "That's much better." You heard 049 say as he approached you. "What kind of doctor operates in the dark?" He adds, you're fairly sure, just to scare the hell out of you.
"Now, what to do, what to do?" He says, "I could remove your heart and replace it with someone else's. Or maybe I'll perform the necessary surgery to cure someone....although, you don't have the Pestilence, so I'm not sure what good it would do, or even what it would to a healthy person in general..." he pondered aloud, likely to scare you. 'Hahaha! I'm in danger!' You thought, while trying not to have a heartattack.
"Wait...of course, why didn't I think of it before? Dear doctor, I think I have the perfect medication to help you." The Doctor says at last. He grabs a bag from under the operating table, opens it, and starts searching through it from the presumed 'medication' you soooooo desperately needed. 'I don't care what it is, as long as he not cutting me open.' You thought, partially relieved. But when he pulled out a syringe that was about 6 inches long that was filled with a black liquid, you remembered how fucked you were.
"Do you know what this is?" 049 said, waving it infront of your eyes. 'Your corrupted ass soul?' You thought, trying to joke and lift up your spirits, but what he said next completely caved in any hope.
"This is the experimental medicine my colleague used on me. And now, I'm going to use it on you." The Plague Doctor said. He leaned over you with the needle, excitment in his eyes, and fear in yours. "I do believe you remember how it is taken?" He said, raising the needle up, over your right eye.
'No no no, please NO PLEASE-' was all you think before the needle was plunged into your eye, and searing pain filled every nerve in your head.
It was true torture.
But as soon as it started, it was over, only a dull stinging pain remaining.
'Oh thank god it's over...' you thought, a deep breath escaping your lungs. But a dark chuckle from 049 told you there was more to come.
"Don't be do relived, my dear, the hardest part is yet to come." He said, before covering you with a blanket.
"You will need your rest. Sleep now, for the transmutation is a long one that will require most of your energy." He added, and you heard his boots walking away.
That's when you remembered what the medicine did to the Plague Doctor. It have him a deadly touch, severe delusions, and it made the 'clothes' on him grow out of his skin.
'Well, I guess this is my private hell now.' You decided.
'I'd better get used to it...'

'...although that is probably going to be impossible...'

<=-=-=-=-=>