Chapter Three

When Arya woke up she was incredibly hot, and there was a lot of noise. She groaned softly, opening her eyes, and finding herself incredibly startled to be looking at the faces of her ladies. And then she realized why she was hot, her face, was not resting on a pillow, it was resting on another face, Jaime's face, and his body was curved around hers, and his arms were so tight around her waist that she doubted she would be able to get out of his hold. And then her neck started to hurt, it had apparently been at this weird angle for quite awhile. Jaime's head was on a pillow, and underneath hers, so her head was at twice the height as normal for when she slept. And then she remembered: her ladies were still staring at her, looking very shocked and confused.

"Umm... hi..." Arya said stupidly to them, not yet trying to get out of Jaime's hold as she didn't want to wake him up yet.

"Hi. What are you thinking?" Krystine said to her sharply, crossing her arms over her chest in anger.

"What? I didn't do anything!" Arya said hotly. Suddenly frustrated that Krystine was even there.

"You didn't do anything? Really? You are in bed with a man who is not your husband!" Krystine said in a harsh whisper, suddenly remembering that that man was still sleeping behind her and probably wouldn't appreciate a servant yelling at his lady.

"You are correct, he is not my husband. But he will be! And we didn't even do anything! We just slept! Now get out all of you. Fetch water for my bath and do not ever come in here again without permission do you understand?!" Arya was mad now. Krystine was older than her, and had been her friend for many years. But that did not make it alright for her to come into her room and scold her like she was her child. Arya was a grown adult, and she is a Lady of house Stark, no servant had any right to chastise her. The servants behind Krystine automatically bowed and left, having never wanted anything to do with that conversation in the first place. Krystine hesitated though, still glaring at her lady.

"Krystine. If you do not leave this chamber at once I will have you sent back to Winterfell and you can be someone else's maid, maybe the cooks. Leave. Now." Arya was glaring at her now, Krystine frowned but nodded, sending a nasty look her way before leaving the room. Arya sighed and tried to reposition her neck so that it wouldn't hurt so badly, but apparently, even though he slept through the argument, her movement was enough to wake him up.

It took Jaime a minute to figure out what was going on. At first he thought the day before had been a dream and that this whole marriage had been cooked up in his mind and that Cersei was in bed with him. But then he realized that Cersei had never spent the night with him, to afraid of being caught, and the body he was holding was colder than his, which Cersei's was not, she always managed to be the same temperature. This body also smelled like honey and flowers and something else that he couldn't quite put his finger on but it smelled spicy. Arya. He was holding Arya. Why is her face on top of his face? Didn't they fall asleep with her on his chest?

"Good morning love." She whispered softly, turning her head to kiss him softly on the cheek. He felt a bright smile spread across his face, remembering what happened last night. He turned his face toward hers and put his hand on the back of her head, bringing her mouth down to meet his. It was a short kiss, but full of meaning and promise of more to come.

"Good morning baby." Oh how she adored his morning voice. It was just perfect. He was perfect, and she couldn't help but thank her lucky stars that she was matched with him and not one of the brutish Karstarks like what was originally planned for her life.

"You ready to get ready so we can go to the library?" Jaime murmured after kissing Arya again softly. She suddenly smiled, remembering that she would get to spend some time with Tyrion today. She nodded happily, and the next thing Jaime knew, she was up out of his arms heading into her room to get ready. Letting out a very large groan Jaime dropped his head back onto his pillow and covered his face with his arms.