Chapter Ten

February Year 284 - Casterly Rock

It has been seven months since that day at the Tourney at Harrenhal, and Arya was once again pregnant, she was three months into her pregnancy, and she had been bedridden since the couple found out, in fear that the excitement from the tourney was the reason for the miscarriage. Arya was obviously unhappy with the arrangement, but it made Jaime feel better, and it wasn't too horrible, because Tyrion would come in and sit with her for hours on end and just read quietly to himself while she worked on paperwork given to her by the Maester, that needed to be completed so they could finally move past the expenses that occurred while they were gone towards Harrenhal.

The was a quick knock at the door, and Arya looked up from her pile while Tyrion glanced over at her and then rose to answer the door. He walked over pretty quickly, and when he opened it, there was a man at the door who Arya did not recognize, but he was dressed in a Stark grey uniform, and he looked like he had been running hard.

"Yes?" Tyrion asked in his general snotty tone that Arya had realized he used with people he didn't know. The man looked from Tyrion over to Arya, who was still relaxing in bed, and then back to Tyrion, who had started to close the door to try to block his vision of her.

"I have a letter for Lady Arya from Lord Brandon Stark. It is urgent, and he requested it only be opened by her hand." The man said in a very stern tone, and almost pushed Tyrion aside to come into the chamber. Arya cleared her throat to try to gain the man's attention.

"Please give the letter to Lord Tyrion, and he may bring it to me. Thank you." Her tone left no room for discussion, and while the man looked upset by her declaration, but nodded and gave the letter he had clutched in his hand over to Tyrion, who quickly moved over to Arya's bed, and handed her the letter. She quickly broke the seal and opened up the letter.

Dear Sister,

Hopefully this letter has reached your hand, and no one else's. After reading this letter, burn it, and hopefully your Stark blood will let you decide who to share this information with.

As you know, I have spent the last seven months at Riverrun with my betrothed, Catelyn. I left Riverrun to join father's wedding party as he came South. We were almost back to Riverrun when I received word that Lyanna was taken by Rhaegar Targaryen ten leagues from Harrenhal on her way to my wedding. I have ridden South with Ethan Glover, Kyle Royce, Elbert Arryn, and Jeffory Mallister to kill the damned Targaryen and to rescue our sister. I have heard that he took her to King's Landing, so that is where we are headed. I do not know how this is going to go, but I feel a war brewing if I cannot save our sister, as you know of Robert's undying love for our winter rose.

If a rebellion is declared you need to stay with your husband, knowing those damn Lannisters they will not chose a side until they know who will succeed. They are not honorable in that way but they are smart, and even as much as I wish to tell you to return home to be with your family, I think you will be safer with the lions. If this goes badly for us, for the wolves and the stag, you must say you were not involved, and you must forsake your family.

I may lose one sister through the lust of a man who has no excuse, I will not be able to survive this if you become involved little sister. You have always known you were my favorite sister, my little wolf. Please, be safe. And, I heard that you are pregnant again, congratulations, I hope all goes well.

Remember me, little wolf.

I love you, be safe.

The Wild Wolf

By the time Arya had finished reading the letter, she was crying. Tyrion was looking at her, very bewildered, before he watched in protest as she got out of bed to walk to the fireplace. She threw the letter in the fire before turning towards the door.